cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS Ground Advantage - was assigned to a 3 lb 15 oz pkg!?!?

I'd anticipated a heavy item that just sold would not be impacted by this Ground Advantage option. But when I generated my shipping label, it was prominently displayed on Buy Delivery, so I purchased that service. That cost savings is delicious. 

After some thought, I think my pkg is being sent like it was a Parcel Select.

I am going to carefully watch how long the Ground Advantage service takes to deliver to buyer. I hope delivery times are as they have been, if not quicker.

This is all a lot of change. Glad my 1st bump along the way was actually pleasant (so far).

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Was this the Santa?  If so, I see that you offered a medium flat rate priority box delivery in the listing and only other choice was local pickup......

First, Santa wouldn't have fit (16"T) in a medium flat rate box...... 11" x 8.5" x 5.5" or 13.625" x 11.875" x 3.375"

Secondly....I'm surprised Ground advantage was offered, since it is a lesser service than priority.....and you should only be able to print a priority label. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Ground Advantage will be slower than Priority.  I am expecting it to be the same as Parcel Select which is awful.   The under 1 lb should hopefully be as fast as First Class has been.  Guess we will see

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:  ....I'm surprised Ground advantage was offered, since it is a lesser service than priority.....and you should only be able to print a priority label. 

The label purchase form allows all the shipping options for which the item is eligible.  But you're right -- if the listing offered only Priority Mail, then the seller should not have sent via Ground Advantage.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@easterbasset wrote:

I'd anticipated a heavy item that just sold would not be impacted by this Ground Advantage option. But when I generated my shipping label, it was prominently displayed on Buy Delivery, so I purchased that service. That cost savings is delicious. 

After some thought, I think my pkg is being sent like it was a Parcel Select.....

Yes of course it will be handled as if it was Parcel Select, since Ground Advantage is just a new name for that service (as well as for Retail Ground and First Class package).

But if your buyer paid for Priority Mail, you should have shipped via Priority Mail.  IMHO you should send the buyer an apology and issue a partial refund for that "delicious" savings.  Thank goodness the buyer is probably not in a hurry to receive a Santa.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Parcel select has been as fast as priority, at least in my experience. Examples:

CA to MI 3 days

CA to KY 2 days

CA to IL 2 days

CA to MO 3 days

CA to AL  2 days

CA to LA 3 days

So for me, at least, parcel select has been as fast as priority. And now it includes insurance.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I recently received a Parcel Select package that went from FL to MA in one business day!  Mailed on Friday, received on Monday. Let's hope the OP's buyer has a similar happy experience.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply