cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USPS APV Program - What account do they credit / debit and how long does it take?

I've tried to find this on the board, but have not been able to.  If I ship a package that weighs less or more than the printed label states, how does USPS make a charge or refund ?   Do they do it right away, or wait until the end of the month or a specified time period before they refund or charge?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: USPS APV Program - What account do they credit / debit and how long does it take?

If you purchased eBay postage through PayPal, then that's where the credit/debit will appear.  

From my reading of the USPS page about it, they apparently will charge your account immediately, on an item-by-item basis rather than periodically.

https://www.usps.com/business/verify-postage.htm

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: USPS APV Program - What account do they credit / debit and how long does it take?

Thank you!  Seems as though my post office isn't doing it.  Long story that I won't bore you with, but I have shipped two packages with extra postage, one weighed 7 lbs and label was for 8; one weighed 8 oz., label was for 10.  No refund so far....have heard nothing and don't expect to.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I think the special weighing/measuring/detecting equipment is at sorting centers, not at individual Post Offices.

Also it's a brand-new system less than 10 days old, so it might not be fully operational and we don't know yet what the time lag might be in the charges or credits showing up. Be sure to post an update if you get a credit!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I'll believe the refunds when I see it. I really doubt the PO is going to do millions of refunds a day for a few cents. I bet they have you wait until you have $20 in credit or something like that, and that would be best case. I could be wrong though. I am sure they will BILL you for the shortage though.

BTW, isn't easier to pay the right amount in the fist place, its not that hard. It's not magic.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply