cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS - "Billed after use"???

I bought a UPS label for the first time ever yesterday.  I don't have a UPS account. My email receipt said "billed after use". What does that mean? Do they charge my eBay payment account? When? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: UPS - "Billed after use"???

UPS and FedEx labels purchased on eBay's shipping accounts get billed to you on the monthly invoice.

Problem with using those accounts is that often sellers find "extra" charges on their bill and then you are stuck in the middle.  The shipper won't talk to you because it is not your account and eBay has no one internally to resolve these issues, plus eBay has no way to tell what happened. 

So the best general advice is, if you plan on using those other services, sign up for your own Shipping account.  That way you can work with them when an issue happens.  Also make sure you understand how they round package lengths and weights and triple check that those are the correct measurements & weight when buying a label.

Here are some of the "extras" that happen with UPS.

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_CA/UPS_Additional%20Value%20charge_ENG-v2%20final.pdf

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

After the label gets scanned as picked up by UPS.    USPS bills when you request it and then you have only so much time to void it so as not to get charged if you don't use it.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

UPS and FedEx labels purchased on eBay's shipping accounts get billed to you on the monthly invoice.

Problem with using those accounts is that often sellers find "extra" charges on their bill and then you are stuck in the middle.  The shipper won't talk to you because it is not your account and eBay has no one internally to resolve these issues, plus eBay has no way to tell what happened. 

So the best general advice is, if you plan on using those other services, sign up for your own Shipping account.  That way you can work with them when an issue happens.  Also make sure you understand how they round package lengths and weights and triple check that those are the correct measurements & weight when buying a label.

Here are some of the "extras" that happen with UPS.

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/media/en_CA/UPS_Additional%20Value%20charge_ENG-v2%20final.pdf

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay makes it a royal pain for the seller to figure out how much he paid for shipping without keeping a separate spreadsheet to track all of this. It's infuriating that I'm paying for a service that can't keep a record of this information, especially since I am paying for the service through eBay! When I look at my monthly invoice amount, it doesn't seem like it's including any of these shipping charges, but they also don't give you an itemized list of what they are charging you for. eBay developers: FIX THIS **bleep**. I actually decided to sell less this year since when it comes to tax time this takes me 10x longer than it needs to and my return on my time is not worth the headache.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Billed on the monthly invoice from who?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This discussion is very old @tbritts1967 - eBay doesn't send monthly invoices anymore. You will be billed after delivery and the funds pulled from your pending funds on eBay. If you don't have enough pending funds eBay will use your backup payment source (bank acct).

That said, eBay's in the process of converting sellers from pay after delivery for UPS/FedEx to paying upfront so you should see that change over the coming months if your account hasn't already been opted in.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply