cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPS Ground Rate

Has anyone noticed that the UPS Ground rates on Ebay Labels has decreased?  I didn't see a notice.  Also, I do not use Pirate Ship but I do lok at them for comparison and their rates are still higher.  I'm hoping not a glitch and will later find out we've been undercharged.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: UPS Ground Rate

Yes!  It seems like there's some kind of battle going on between the post office and UPS.  For a couple of weeks UPS Ground got a lot more expensive and I switched to USPS Ground Advantage, and now yesterday UPS Ground is undercutting them again like previously.  I wonder if they tried to increase their contract rates with Ebay and changed their minds after volume crashed?  

Very strange!

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

That's what I thought but no ebay notice and Ebay CS is clueless when I asked them.  Maybe they saw too much lost ebay business when they raised their rates in Feb. and want that business back.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, UPS Ground rates are slightly lower @craigkevin . UPS raised rates Feb 4th, but rates went down within the past week or two. I guess that price hike wasn't working out so well for them.

10x8x6 / 4lb / zone 3

February rates for UPS Ground: $7.61 eBay, $6.99 PirateShip

Today it's $6.61 eBay, $6.99 PirateShip

Same package is $6.35 USPS Ground Adv cubic, $6.91 Priority cubic

As @crazyscientist  said, UPS and USPS have been battling on prices the past couple years. I agree with both of you that the UPS price hike from Feb 4th lost them too much business compared to USPS Ground Adv (particularly cubic rates).

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have noticed the last few days, too....

some wierd pricing....(I, too, compare frequently with PS)

good to know I was not skipping my prevagen and losing it

Same box/item/weight....

GA with ebay was cheaper one day, then even the next, then UPS was cheaper....

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Moral of the story is you really have to compare prices once a week between shippers and even platforms like eBay vs pirateship to make sure you’re getting the best rates.  I save enough for a free lunch pretty much every day on just 5-10 packages by making sure I don’t just go with eBay UPS ground.  FedEx home delivery is sometimes 30% cheaper on heavier, larger packages now.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply