cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two items sent through the post office in mid December have not been delivered.

Found out that a package of yarn to be delivered to Maine ( ME) has been sitting in a bin with 240 other packages all intended for Maine, and sent to a Mississippi location. A jacket to be shipped to the East Coast, has been sitting in Cincinnati for two weeks. Should I offer refunds to the buyers or wait for the items to move?

Also how long does it take for the post office to refund due to an item that was broken.

Thanks for any advice I can get.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have similar situations with non delivery of packages for over 2 weeks.

I track the packages from the USPS website since it does not get updated on eBay and keep in touch with the buyers letting them know about those updates and reminding them of the pandemic and unprecedented holiday season shipments.

Also, you can open 'where's my package' research cases from the USPS website.

As long as the package is still showing movement on the USPS website, there is hope your buyers will receive them 'eventually', so I would not refund unless it is totally obvious the package is lost.

Ebay is giving consideration to sellers for these disrupted shipping time lines. Here is an eBay announcement link to read up on>

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Helping-buyers-understand-shipping-delays-and-wha...

As far as broken items, usually USPS wants the item along with its packaging brought to the post office where it was delivered from so they can determine if it was their fault or the sender's fault due to improper/poor packaging. If you opened a case on their website, you're able to view the progress from there.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I have similar situations with non delivery of packages for over 2 weeks.

I track the packages from the USPS website since it does not get updated on eBay and keep in touch with the buyers letting them know about those updates and reminding them of the pandemic and unprecedented holiday season shipments.

Also, you can open 'where's my package' research cases from the USPS website.

As long as the package is still showing movement on the USPS website, there is hope your buyers will receive them 'eventually', so I would not refund unless it is totally obvious the package is lost.

Ebay is giving consideration to sellers for these disrupted shipping time lines. Here is an eBay announcement link to read up on>

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/UPDATE-Helping-buyers-understand-shipping-delays-and-wha...

As far as broken items, usually USPS wants the item along with its packaging brought to the post office where it was delivered from so they can determine if it was their fault or the sender's fault due to improper/poor packaging. If you opened a case on their website, you're able to view the progress from there.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I also have a package or two not yet showing delivery.  But I am waiting to hear from the customer as there is just as good a chance that the item was delivered but without a delivery scan.  At this point if I do hear from the buyers I will simply refund and move on.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply