cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking number situations....

Transactions missing on-time tracking or carrier scan: Reason for counting the transaction

Hi. I was getting a last minute package ready to ship out and then it was out the door on vacation. Apparently, when I created the shipping label the tracking number did not move over to where it could be tracked on the actual listing. (so customer could track, or for sellers to track) anyway, tracking numbers have always transferred over to the listing so I didn't give it a thought. I went to Canada fishing way up in the boon docks....and there was no internet for me to check on things, etc...and I did put that I was going to be on vacation for my customers to see. Besides, I mailed this particular package the day I left for vacation. Well, I get back and I notice that I was graded down in my Seller Hub due to a tracking number not being available. I quickly went onto that listing and seen that indeed the tracking number was not there. That has never happened to me before. So I fixed it. Meanwhile eBay graded me down from 100% to 98.96% because of this...which I don't think is fair,  but no one to talk to that would make a difference. How long will this be on my Seller's Hub??? I was given a defect last year that I shouldn't have gotten....even had an agent tell me she took the defect off because it shouldn't have been placed on my account....it stayed on for the entire year!! Is that going to happen with this??? When your graded down for whatever reason does it stay on your account for a year??? It really bothers me because I work so hard to keep up with my eBay...I do everything right....and this is upsetting to me because I had no clue this tracking number didn't move over to the listing. If anyone has any idea how long this will be on my Seller Hub please let me know. Thanks much.... northmigirl62  a.k.a. Michelle

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

If you are talking about tracking on time then it's 3 months.

1000004364.jpg

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

As the above poster said, "tracking uploaded on time and validated" covers a 3 month period.

Next eval on Sept 20th covers the months of June-Aug so if this event took place in Sept you should see this drop off in 4 months after the Jan 20th evaluation which covers Oct-Dec.

98.96% will not harm your account. Top Rated Sellers need to maintain 95% or higher so you could miss a couple more packages and still be within that tolerance. There's 5% wiggle room because eBay doesn't expect things to go perfectly every time.

Nothing to worry about here. Your account is not being penalized in any way with fees, search or status demotion.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Thank you for your reply. I know I am making a mountain out of a mole hole but why did that happen to begin with? I have never created a shipping label that didn't automatically show up on the actual listing for customers to review, or to be able to track the package...I am not understanding why it didn't do what it has always done...why was it missing I guess...I didn't do anything different than prior shipping of items. I just totally did not know it wasn't there....once eBay brought it to my attention I had to figure out how to get it on the listing.....the other thing I have encountered twice now is double tracking numbers for the same package....I am not being charged twice but two tracking numbers (different numbers) show up and I don't understand how that is happening. If you click on each one they say the same thing.....like packaged delivered . ..but one will not drop off... I again am 🤔 and if it is something I am doing I wish I could figure it out. I love selling on eBay ... and I like things to be perfect, even tho I am not!!! I just like things to be in perfect order when it comes to my business on eBay.... I just noticed your user name and here I am wasting your time!!! Thanks again for your help...very much appreciated. Michelle 😀

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@northmigirl62 wrote:

.the other thing I have encountered twice now is double tracking numbers for the same package....I am not being charged twice but two tracking numbers (different numbers) show up and I don't understand how that is happening. If you click on each one they say the same thing.....like packaged delivered . ..but one will not drop off... 

This makes no sense and I don't understand how it can happen. Are you sure the tracking numbers are on the same item/sale? Or are they on different buyers' items? 

If there are 2 different tracking numbers, I'm pretty sure that unless one label was voided (and since there's delivery, that's not the case), you were probably charged twice. 

Are you purchasing the shipping labels through ebay or are you buying them outside ebay and C&Ping the tracking numbers into the order? 

Can you show a screenshot of examples? (Redact any personal or identifying info.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I will try to figure out how to screenshot one of the listings that it has occurred in ..I will have to look if I'm being charged twice...I'm sure there is a way to look that up....also I ship thru eBay and have always shipped using USPS ground advantage or priority.... always thru eBay.  I will get back with you and hopefully I can show you ..  lol I'm a self taught computer non-expert ....lol so hopefully luck is on my side today. 🍀thanks Michelle

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

[Mod edit: do not share personal information]

 this is one of the listings I was telling you about...I only made one shipping label for this transaction thru eBay using USPS as carrier....it shows 2 separate tracking numbers....the buyer did get the package...I haven't checked out yet if I was charged twice but I really don't think I did cuz it would show up on my banking ..   thanks for your help...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Whoa, you probably want to take that picture down.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply