cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top rated sellers...New Policy...

I'm curious..How many of you that have/had Top Rated Seller Status with a return policy of 14 or 30 days with buyer paying return, are now giving the free paid for 30 day returns? I'm stuck, as a very small business, I can't see how that would help me...I don't get many returns, but I'm worried it may increase returns now...Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Top rated sellers...New Policy...

@ag47silver-us wrote:
I"m sure you have seen the new error message when you bulk revise your existing listings to 14day buyer pays return policy. "Return policy option deprecated" It's only an option through this transitional time with some existing listings and will end when existing listings expire.

If they get to do returns ever 1/12 year can I ship every 1/12 year?

Yes, I saw that on 4 out of 400, but it still let me do it...

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

@ag47silver-us wrote:
I"m sure you have seen the new error message when you bulk revise your existing listings to 14day buyer pays return policy. "Return policy option deprecated" It's only an option through this transitional time with some existing listings and will end when existing listings expire.

If they get to do returns ever 1/12 year can I ship every 1/12 year?

I figured it was some kind of a glitch on the part...

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

The categorys I deal in  have the 14 day returns which buyer pays  .  But still get TRS+  if I do 30 or 60 day returns buyer pays .   for now I'm doing the 14 day returns .

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

That'll all change once July rolls around.
Message 19 of 21
latest reply

And... we can no longer use restocking fees to slow down the impulse shoppers who then want to pay for their next  tank of gas by returning your item. The real trick is to sell things that buyers really want, cannot get elsewhere, and would never wish to return.

That said, I have had only a few returns in many many years, but it really bugs me that ebay in all its wisdom has decided that we need to provide benefits never seen anywhere else that actually ENCOURAGE returns.

My take is they don't want to give the TRS discounts anymore (ha-Ha, now that it's been practically deminished to the point of meaninglessness). At the old 20% discount plus private comms board, it made sense to jump through a few hoops to be TRS. Nowadays why bother, so you can offer 30 day FREE returns? Bye bye profit, bye bye business. 

Ebay has whittled away my profitability bit by bit for many years. I'm just glad I don't sell many "commodity" items... The new system forces ever lower prices by automatically putting the cheapest at the top. Sellers drop the price 10¢ to be the lowest and the next guy does the same, and on and on until the prices are so low nobody makes any money.

Another writer noted that we are not owners of our stores, just tools of ebay, and for commodity sellers that is completely true. 

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

We run a small ebay store as well. We decided not to keep the top rated status because we were afraid of the same reason. We handle returns if item was not as descripted or if the item got damaged. Just could not see how it would work for us to keep the status would help us.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply