cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated Seller Not Receiving Correct Shipping Discount After 1/21 Postage Rate Increase

I am a Top Rated Seller that saw our USPS Shipping Costs increase with the increase in the postal rates on 1/21/18  Per the memos we received in advance, I was expecting to see our costs drop on average, even though the retail label rate was going up.  That has not happened, and our cost per label has gone up significantly.  For some reason our label discounts have gone down (from 13% to 5% in some cases).  

Any idea when/how this will be fixed? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Top Rated Seller Not Receiving Correct Shipping Discount After 1/21 Postage Rate Increase

There is nothing to fix. Your costs went up as they were supposed to. I don’t know why you expected them to drop? eBay does not give you any discounts. You are probably paying the commercial plus rate, which is not an eBay rate. eBay charges you the exact USPS commercial plus rate.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

wrote: ...   Per the memos we received in advance, I was expecting to see our costs drop on average, even though the retail label rate was going up. ...

I don't know how you got that idea, but the other post is correct: All USPS rates went up, including retail, Commercial Base, and Commercial Plus.

In some cases, the difference between the price of retail postage and the price of commercial postage  is smaller than it was, so the "percentage discount" is smaller, too.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Is it me?  How can that be the exact USPS rate when we're charged 10% FVF on shipping, but are only getting a 5% discount?

Thank you, Jen.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@body.n.soul

eBay's fees aren't related to USPS prices.  The discount is given by USPS.  One doesn't rely on the other or vice versa.

Yes, some online rates are a 5% discount off retail rates, but some are higher.

eBay's fees remain the same.

If you paid full price retail purchased at the USPS counter, you'd still be paying eBay the shipping final value fee.

Shipping isn't just postage price.  It's the costs involved with shipping (handling)

Message 5 of 5
latest reply