cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many shipping choices. What are they?

I am confused with all the options I am offered when I want to ship an item. I know what First Class, Media Mail, and Priority Mail is but what the heck are Parcel Select Ground and Retail Ground? Cost doesn't seem to be different from the others. Any comment would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Parcel Select Ground and Retail Ground both used to be known as Parcel Post.  Parcel Select Ground is the online version. Those services can be very slow, and usually do not cost must less than Priority unless the package is very heavy.  

In general, I'd offer First Class for packages up to one pound, Media Mail for eligible items, and Priority Mail for everything else (and perhaps as a second choice when offering MM),

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Parcel Select Ground and Retail Ground both used to be known as Parcel Post.  Parcel Select Ground is the online version. Those services can be very slow, and usually do not cost must less than Priority unless the package is very heavy.  

In general, I'd offer First Class for packages up to one pound, Media Mail for eligible items, and Priority Mail for everything else (and perhaps as a second choice when offering MM),

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

If you plan on using USPS Priority for all your heavier shipments, you will be leaving significant money on the table if you are not able to ship UPS Ground when they beat USPS Priority by $5 to $20 or more.

Have UPS Ground in your choices. 

Posting ID
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Also note anything flamable, including the new Battery thing- needs to go GROUND. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply