cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Limit for Buyer Return?

Hello, to make a long story short I sold a game recently and the buyer thought they'd also be getting a console alongside the video game cartridge when my description made it clear it was only for the game and nothing more. The title also mentions NOTHING about a console and the category was strictly video games (not consoles).

So they filed a return request saying in the comments "next time put GAME ONLY!!" and originally after speaking with eBay I was told it would be closed on my side because of buyer's remorse, that's not the case when it's just now being sent back. I did however also get told last week if I didn't get it back by the 4th I could just not accept the return.

Do I still need to accept the return at this point since it barely got shipped today and more than likely won't arrive the 4th? Or can I send it back?

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Time Limit for Buyer Return?

You still have to refund the buyer. I believe you misunderstood what you were told. The buyer has until 5/4 to SHIP the item back. It does not have to be delivered to you by that date. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Your listings show the game next to a console. Never put anything in the listing that you're not actually selling.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This buyer is the only one to ever return something for not including the console, picturing the console isn't the issue or at least shouldn't be. 

Picturing the console with the games on is to show the games themselves work as intended & other sellers do this too. 

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If its in the picture then people assume its included.  Why have a picture of something not included?

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@dagamenerd

Main photo should never have anything that is not included in the listing.

Most will read the description. Some will not.

I think the buyer's suggestion is a good idea.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Cartridge only should be in the title or the first line of the description.

Not way down on the bottom

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

I get what you're saying (even though the descriptions are very short & it's the 2nd line).

Still I know what needs to be done at this point, although I can't do any changes right now so I'll do them later. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply