cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third Party Shipping Return Requested

Refund request, I sent the item to NewYork, the buyer sent it to (UAE). Now he says it was received broken. The buyer sent me a respoce saying now its gonna cost him $75.00 to get it back to the US. Am I responcable for the refund ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Third Party Shipping Return Requested

No. The buyer used a re-shipper so they voided their buyer protection with eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

Not covered

• Buyer remorse or any reason other than not receiving an item or receiving an item that isn’t as described in the listing (see the seller’s return policy for return options)
  • Items damaged during local pickup
  • Local pickup items that were not collected by, or on behalf of, the buyer
  • Items not delivered, damaged during collection, or damaged during shipment when the buyer arranges pick-up or shipping of the item (for instance, the buyer arranges freight)
  • Duplicate claims through other resolution methods
  • Items shipped to another address after original delivery
  • Vehicles (see eBay Vehicle Protection), Real Estate, Websites & Business for Sale, Classified Ads, services, Digital Content, Intangible Goods, and some Business Equipment categories (see eBay Business Equipment Purchase Protection)
  • Items sold through Sotheby's

You can accept the return if you want to, but you are not obligated. If the buyer opens a not as described return then call CS and show them the eBay message from the buyer saying he had it re-shipped.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I will call eBay tommarrow and try to resolve this although they keep telling me I have to wait 6 or 7 days

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mechtek-133 wrote:

I will call eBay tommarrow and try to resolve this although they keep telling me I have to wait 6 or 7 days

they are lying to you. they can close the case now. 

The lord knows my heart so I ain't trippin' off no church

Positive is the attitude
Negative is not the mood
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

If you call it in it should be able to be closed if you are on the phone.

If not and you don't want to spend any more time calling you can accept the return.

Your postage will print for NY, the clock is ticking now and there is a 0% chance your buyer is going to get that item to NY from the UAE in 5 business days.

After 5 business days, call and have the case closed.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks everybody, Today was the decision day. eBay granted me the decision.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply