cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The usps ground advantage lables don't print as seen on my monitor (windows 7) HP Deskjet 4155e

When the labels print, it leaves out the top and bottom borders, and the big G on the top, left side, also the encoded bar on the top right, what gives?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The usps ground advantage lables don't print as seen on my monitor (windows 7) HP Deskjet 4155e

Windows 7 is BEYOND outdated and doesn't probably work. Neither is Windows 8 as BOTH are no longer 'supported' by Microsoft. (windows 7 done as of 2019; windows 8 done as of  January 2023)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@jayofto 

I don't know much, but seems more like "printer stuff" than "operating system stuff"

will using "fit to page"  on printer settings eliminate the "cutting off issue?

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

This is not a W7 problem.

Make sure your browser is opening PDF files with Adobe and not its built in reader.

If still a problem come back with what browser you are using.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

what @rfmtm said.......

When you are opening the label in the Windows 7 environment, it will probably be misconfigured...

open the label in a "current" adobe pdf reader and print from there.....

I am actually somewhat impressed that Win7 can even render some of these pages.....

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

WOW! Great to hear someone still using Windows 7.  I still use it and I have never had any problems. I use HP Laserjet P1102. downloading labels as PDF and using Foxit Reader (free software, really great) to print them out. Try that, you can adjust margins and reduce or enlarged labels. Also try different paper sizes in your printer settings. Win 7 has nothing to do with your problem, just experiment little bit with various settings.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

New computers are so inexpensive today, I would upgrade to this century. Laptops under $200. Too many compatibility issues with drivers, etc. I won't even get into security vulnerabilities.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply