cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible buyer from Shanghai, China

I sold a set of eight antique Chinese export plates for $600 to an eBay buyer in Shanghai China. He filed a case of one broken and asked either a $370 partial refund or a return. When shipping, I insured the package through USPS. When I filed a case to USPS, USPS asked the buyer to take the package to his local postal office for check. I emailed the USPS's request to the buyer,  but the buyer refused to do. I emailed him again and said if you do not want to cooperate, please return the item to me, and I give you a full refund and the shipping fee. He did not reply. I called eBay costumer service, a lady on the phone told me to wait, and she said that Ebay would not close the case before I recieved my item. However, to my surprise, I received an email from eBay on the second day after I spoke with the  eBay custmer service agent, telling me that they closed the case and gave the buyer a full refund ! Now, the buyer keeps all of my plates and get a full refund! eBay even refuses to refund me my final fee. 

The USPS denies my insurace claim. They said that the Chinese Postal office reported the package was delivered in excellent condition to the buyer. There was no sign of damage and the buyer did not dispute the package when he recieved it.

I am so sad with the eBay's unresposibility decision. Even with one plate broken, buyer can only be refunded partially or gets a full refund after he returns the item to me. How can eBay gave him a full refund and let him keeps the rest of my plates? 

Anyone has any suggestion?

thanks

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Terrible buyer from Shanghai, China

Did you ship through the Global shipping program? If you did then you should be covered by the GSP if they accepted your package and then shipped. Read the GSP freq asked questions it does explain it there. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Sad to say this is a rampant problem. In my experiance, because ebay is so automated, a buyer can push through a claim and the computer automatically refunds the customer. They can even PULL money from your bank account.

I was once returned and empty envelope ( returned for refund) and it took me three solid months of dogging ebay to make them understand, because I rarely got someone who understood what I was telling them.

Also sad to say everybody LOVES E-commerce, but bottom line, different countries have different ethics, policies & business standards.

I stick to CANADA, USA, UK, AUSTRALIA, IRELAND, SWEDEN, ICELAND,  NORWAY,  (basically).

Ya can't win a home run if you don't step UP to the plate" /Babe Ruth
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

One reason I only sell in 48 United States.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

You shipped to China?

http://www.multiplemayhemmamma.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/home-alone.jpg

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even play one on TV

Blink Blink
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

THATS JUST WRONG...feeling bad for you>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

when he opens a case with Ebay,you have to follow the steps outlined in Ebay resolution.

he asked for a partial refund of $370 out of $600,instead of dealing with the refund issue,you start talking about USPS insurance,did you pay attention to the deadline of your response?

when the deadline approaches,Ebay robot close the case ,buyer wins as you have done nothing to resolve the issue .

you could have replied by saying return and I will refund in full,knowing you dont have to give him a return label since you are in USA,you cant print him a Chinese shipping label.

so then the ball is in his court,he either have to pay return shipping to you with tracking or do nothing and the time expired,you win

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

no,she said she shipped USPS with insurance
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

don't deal with china. they think its funny to screw amaericans. actually brag about it. I know this as I have a friend who goes to china and japan who said stuff about there business dealings. It started with a conversation about the different experience with japanese and chinese businessmen. Japanese consider it unhonerable to not fufill there commitment. Im sure this isn't true for all chinese but the percentage is high
Message 9 of 9
latest reply