cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone (possibly Temu) used my paid shipping label before I did (and sent to the buyer)

This one is very odd - I bought a shipping label via Ebay and had it printed and shipped. The guy who scanned it said it was already used, but he could still ship it, he just couldn't give me the receipt.

About a week later, a package in a torn Temu bag showed up to our house with a 'refused delivery'. It was my label and there were a couple cheap womens dresses in the package. 

I asked the buyer about it, and he said he got the original package and refused that one — he didn't want to take merchandise he didn't purchase. So no loss for me at all. 

Just confused what that scam could have been? I assume the shipper expected it to just say 'delivered', but if it was tracked, it would have shown my address and the address to the buyer.

Any ideas? I also have NO idea how they could have gotten my label scanned in with a couple hours of when I shipped it. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Someone (possibly Temu) used my paid shipping label before I did (and sent to the buyer)

Was this for the Oilers hat? Did the buyer receive the hat OK?

Let us know if you're hit with APV adjustment charges from USPS because of that presumably heavier dress package shipped using the label.

@jlowrie33 

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Re: Someone (possibly Temu) used my paid shipping label before I did (and sent to the buyer)

It was for the oilers hat! Any idea? I’ve tried to contact EBay, buts it’s nearly impossible. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

What does tracking look like? Specifically:

- Date tracking shows shipped by other vendor? Delivery date for that package?

- Date package was shipped by you? Delivery date for your package?

I could speculate, but really it would be impossible to say anything with confidence based on the limited amount of data.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

It's very easy to contact eBay. Use the Help & Contact link in the upper left-hand corner of any eBay page. Scroll down, and you can either email them or have them call you. But unless you have eBay Concierge, I would recommend contacting eBay for Business via Facebook. You'll probably get better results that way.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

With the amount of shipping labels, and increase in ecommerce companies, I wouldn't be surprised if they get re-used, but I thought that maybe there is some time frame for re-usage. Who knows. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@jlowrie33 wrote:

About a week later, a package in a torn Temu bag showed up to our house with a 'refused delivery'. It was my label and there were a couple of cheap women's dresses in the package. 

So those dresses belonged to two cheap women?

It's possible that the Temu shipper has guessed the number progression for USPS labels assigned to eBay, so they are forging tracking numbers to avoid paying postage.

Their mistake was not anticipating the pace at which eBay is selling tracking numbers and generating an eBay tracking number far into the not-yet-purchased future or far back in the can-be-reused past, so their tracking number coincided with your newly-minted tracking number.

But because you have the real manifest, both packages went to the address in your manifest.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply