cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some sellers have listings Standard 1st class or heavier they go for Priority only

I have noticed that some sellers offer Standard shipping on lighter items and for the "heavier" just priority. I offer Parcel Select Ground to my buyers. Am I doing something wrong? I have newer and still learning. I have noticed lately that all my buyers are getting a 20 something percent savings on their standard shipping, paying as low as 4.11 for items less than 15.50 oz, I believe. I tried to buy something from another buyer, contacted him to get cheaper Standard shipping, he reply "because of the weight, I have to do Priority". Answers?

Thank you! 

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Some sellers have listings Standard 1st class or heavier they go for Priority only

Sorry, by "no discount" I was referring to a discount on my "online label" purchase but did not make that clear in my post.

Of course, "Ground Advantage" rollout will require me to reeducate myself.

My last buyer selected Parcel package went to zone 6, and was delivered in 2 days.

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: Some sellers have listings Standard 1st class or heavier they go for Priority only

I have had similar experience with shipping time for parcel select ground. when you add in included insurance, it is almost a no brainer.

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

your doing fine,forget about what others are doing,unless your buying from....those others?🤔

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

I just shipped a pair of boots the person got them 2 days later, it was Parcel Select Ground from Idaho to Michigan, 2 days! She paid about 11 dollars shipping they were Cole Hann Boots, weighed about 2.5 pounds. It is kind of confusing. 

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

Never heard of Ground Advantage. More stuff to get me confused, I just use what ebay is offering as a choice, I choose the cheapest and give different options, most of my buyers have chosen the cheapest, so far.

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

That is what I use, I now figure out that on the lightest items I am passing on the 20 something % discount onto them. I wonder if they notice

Message 21 of 21
latest reply