cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some concerning USPS issues this past month. FYI

I have been here for about 24 years and under my two eBay ID's have shipped over 10,000 items. Probably bought as many items also. Over the month of February, I have noticed the following with packages coming to me as the buyer. It's not business as usual for the USPS in my opinion. All items are expensive coins.

#1. I presently have not 1 but 2 Registered Packages lost. One sitting in Indy from Florida for almost 2 weeks with no movement($7k). Another Registered sitting in Columbus OH from PA for 1 1/2 weeks that shows no movement($2,400). Cases have been opened. I'm in Ohio.

#2. I had 2 items mailed to me via USPS Ground Services or whatever 1st Cl is called now lost. Both were from the West Coast with both worth $500 each.

So I guess my point would be, if you are mailing anything using any USPS services, especially Ground Services, I would highly recommend getting full insurance. I know several sellers of expensive items that do NOT insure their items because they have rarely had any problems with delivery. Just a heads up until the USPS gets back on track in my opinion. Hopefully, no one else is experiencing these issues.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Some concerning USPS issues this past month. FYI

I think USPS ground advantage has $100 insurance included. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

We were having major issues with USPS here in Houston. They decided to do an upgrade just before the holidays & were ill-prepared to make it work. It took all the local TV stations with the help of our local Congressman to seemingly get it fixed. Like the saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". Hope your situation improves quickly.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Where you are and where your shipment is going or coming from make all the difference.

I'm in northern New England and my West Coast Shipments and East Coast shipments even to Florida are FAST. Shipments to flyover country can vary greatly.

Recent shipments to some areas of the country are sitting in our local PO an extra day, I suspect because volume is off.

If you check your tracking on Ebay, you will often see a lot worse performance than is real for several days after shipment. And a longer estimated delivery date.

If you get buyer "where's my order messages" check the USPS site before answering.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I receive other peoples mail a few times a year and some of my mail has gone missing.  So, yea, it's a turkey shoot as to where USPS will deliver it to.  The address on the label is only taken as a suggestion by them it seems.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@simba6 wrote:

I receive other peoples mail a few times a year and some of my mail has gone missing.  So, yea, it's a turkey shoot as to where USPS will deliver it to.  The address on the label is only taken as a suggestion by them it seems.

Sort of like many eBay policies. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I'm completely speculating and I love conspiracy theories. so take everything i say as something I am making up about this. that sounds almost like an investigation. 

now for the part i am not speculating and having conspiracy brain about. I ship a couple packages pretty much everyday and they all pretty much fly through anywhere across the country in 3 or 4 days using ground advantage. the slowest shipping I had recently was for a delivery 20 miles away and that took 8 days for whatever reason but like 99% is 3-4 days. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply