cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature required - beware ebay turns this on automatically with FAKE reasons

So I just sold an item, went on ebay to ship.  A notice popped up saying that signature required was turned on because of ebay requirements.   So I looked.  The requirement that ebay has is that if the total cost including taxes exceeds $750 then it is required to prove that it was received.  Guess what - the total cost paid by the buyer was BELOW $750, so it is NOT required.   This is the type of sneaky actions that ebay now applies that just turns me off to ebay.  Of course, the ebay algorithm knows how much the buyer paid, so this is not a mistake, this is deliberate and misleading to get sellers to add an additional $5 to the shipping cost.  You can turn off signature required.  I trusted ebay and selected signature required and wasted $5.50.  Wont make that mistake again!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is this for the fan? Looks like with whatever taxes were added, it would have been over $750.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Hey @whodiini. Go to this page and find the transaction. To the left under the actions drop-down select "view order details" - scroll down to the bottom of the order details page and let us know what the Total says.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

My bad.  Total shows above $750.  I was looking at another page and it was under $750.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for confirming. Good thing you didn't skip the signature!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply