cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to US Virgin Islands

---I've got an interested buyer in the Virgin Islands.  I originally had my seller account set for domestic shipping only.  I thought Virgin Islands was domestic.  Buyer tried to buy and I got this message:

---"It states no shipment to St. Thomas VI zip 00802 ... if you can fix that problem I will buy this. RSVP"

---So I changed the listing to international shipping.  The buyer tried to buy again and got this message:

---"I still want to buy it and just tried again, but am still precluded by the 'does not to ship to US protectorates'message from Ebay.  I will check again tomorrow."

---Any help would be appreciated since the eBay call center is closed.

---Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping to US Virgin Islands

I have sold items to Puerto Rico with no problems. Mailing to the US Virgin Islands is the same as shipping to the U.S. I send personal packages there all the time. Maybe eBay has some kind of glitch and it is not recognizing the St. Thomas.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Shipping to US Virgin Islands

@whereeaglesfly4ever wrote:

---I've got an interested buyer in the Virgin Islands.  I originally had my seller account set for domestic shipping only.  I thought Virgin Islands was domestic.

It is (I have a regular buyer there), but eBay in their infinite wisdom has lumped it in with the "Central America and Caribbean" area, which you have excluded as a group (as seen in one of your listings that I picked at random). What I think you can do is to check the box for the area as a whole (to be blocked), and then scroll down the list of countries within that area (you have to click the "Show all countries" to expand it), and way down at the bottom you will find "Virgin Islands (U.S.)." Un-check that, and your buyer should be free to buy.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply