cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping to Puerto Rico

Been awhile since I shipped to PR. I seem to remember using USPS Priority often in the past. Priority is ~double the cost of USPS GA. 

Is USPS GA an effective selection for PR?

$50 order and I do want the buyer to receive the order in a timely manner.

Addendum: shipping from DFW.

Posting ID
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shipping to Puerto Rico

You can check the USPS Service Standard Maps online to get an idea of transit time. With GA it will likely be long time in transit for PR. PR, AK, HI are all long timeframes with GA. For our ship from zip code it shows 12 days to PR with GA over 1lb. 751 zip codes it also shows 12 days to PR.

We try to ship PM flat rate to PR as it is very cost effective. UPS treats PR as international so you have to go through their export brokerage which adds time.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Shipping to Puerto Rico

It's also been awhile since I shipped to Puerto Rico. Back then it was still USPS First Class, but there were no issues with packages arriving within the allotted time frame.
Shipping from Ohio

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Puerto Rico

Just print the label. Same as shipping anywhere in the US.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Puerto Rico

@umccars wrote:

Just print the label. Same as shipping anywhere in the US.

Delivery time these days is solid with USPS GA to PR?

Posting ID
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Puerto Rico

You can check the USPS Service Standard Maps online to get an idea of transit time. With GA it will likely be long time in transit for PR. PR, AK, HI are all long timeframes with GA. For our ship from zip code it shows 12 days to PR with GA over 1lb. 751 zip codes it also shows 12 days to PR.

We try to ship PM flat rate to PR as it is very cost effective. UPS treats PR as international so you have to go through their export brokerage which adds time.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Puerto Rico

@pcmwire wrote:

That is the info I was wondering about. Thanks @pcmwire 

Must be why I may have been using Priority in the past. My memory had faded a tad.

Makes since on the UPS as well as all my listings using UPS have PR excluded.  

Thanks for the top notch information. 

Posting ID
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Puerto Rico

@lakefor94 wrote:

I shipped to PR in March. Checking the tracking, it was delivered in 5 days.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Shipping to Puerto Rico

@yuzuha wrote:

@lakefor94 wrote:

I shipped to PR in March. Checking the tracking, it was delivered in 5 days.

Roger that, @yuzuha 

I ended up pushing the Priority Small Flat Rate box button since it was a fan for a computer room apparatus. 

$4 more for the Priority service I chose.

The variance on estimated delivery time was 6 days longer for GA. 

If it was a unimportant item, I might have rolled the dice on GA.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 8
latest reply