cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping time

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just started selling again after about a year lay-off.

My listings indicate that I have a five day handling period.  I do this just to be on the safe side since I do not have access to parcel pickup and live in a very rural area.  My trips to the PO are subject to the whims of the weather,etc.

Anyhow, when I put this five day handling period in, my shipping time shows up a month later than when I use the three day handling period.    Instead of February 20 to 23, Ebay is saying March 20 to 23.  A whole months difference just for adding two extra handling days?  What gives?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Shipping time

@Anonymous, if a buyer brought it to your attention, then my theory about zip code doesn't apply. I just changed a couple of listings to 5 day, and estimated delivery changed only by the appropriate amount.

I think you need to call customer service, or send a private message via Facebook to eBay for Business. They are very responsive. Good luck!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping time

wrote:

I have just started selling again after about a year lay-off.

My listings indicate that I have a five day handling period.  I do this just to be on the safe side since I do not have access to parcel pickup and live in a very rural area.  My trips to the PO are subject to the whims of the weather,etc.

Anyhow, when I put this five day handling period in, my shipping time shows up a month later than when I use the three day handling period.    Instead of February 20 to 23, Ebay is saying March 20 to 23.  A whole months difference just for adding two extra handling days?  What gives?

Is it depending on which shipping service you use?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Shipping time

I just looked at a few of your listings. The ones that are Priority Mail say expected delivery February 17. The Standard shipping (First Class Package?) say February 20th. These seem like reasonable delivery dates for auctions ending February 9.

I don't know why you're seeing such different delivery dates. Have you done a shipping calculation using a foreign postal code? If so, you need to do another using a US zip code, to get the other code unhung from your calculator. It sounds like you're seeing dates that would apply to an international sale.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Either Priority mail or a standard 1 to 5 day shipping time. Which, even using my five day handling time, would only extend any of my items to around February 20 or 23. Granted I know it is an estimated time. I also went back in and revised all the listings to a three day handling period, no matter what shipping service I stated, and all the listings went back to, at the very most, a ten day estimate after the end of auction. It is the two extra days handling time that seems to be throwing these estimates off.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shipping time

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went back in and revised every listing to a three day handling period when this was brought to my attention by a buyer who had purchased an item and then wanted to know why it would take six weeks to go from ND to IL.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shipping time

@Anonymous, if a buyer brought it to your attention, then my theory about zip code doesn't apply. I just changed a couple of listings to 5 day, and estimated delivery changed only by the appropriate amount.

I think you need to call customer service, or send a private message via Facebook to eBay for Business. They are very responsive. Good luck!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shipping time

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for checking that. I was hoping someone would do that. So it is something that I am inputting or a glitch in the listings. Will check it further tomorrow. Right now I have changed everyone of my listings to three day handling so should be alright for now. I would guess that this type of delivery date would be a bit off-putting to most buyers. As it should be.
Thanks again.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply