cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping service cost exceeds $20.00 maximum allowed for selected category.

I'm an international seller and i don't have acces to USPS media mail unfortunately. Setting limitations in such categories in a way that affects all sellers is just nonsense. My real cost of shipping is closer to $40.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@assortedcollectibles wrote:

I'm an international seller and i don't have acces to USPS media mail unfortunately. Setting limitations in such categories in a way that affects all sellers is just nonsense. My real cost of shipping is closer to $40.

If there's a maximum shipping cost allowed, raise your selling price of the item by enough to cover the amount of  shipping in excess of the limit.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Obviously i am doing that already, but getting that error message for something that quite frankyly should not happen is annoying nonetheless.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@assortedcollectibles 

There are charts there as to what eBay thinks is reasonable for different category's.

It is what it is.

Maximum shipping costs

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/posting-items/postage-rates/maximum-postage-costs?id=4655 

1.jpg

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I never knew that there was a "maximum shipping cost" 

Can the bots tell the difference between 1 and a case of 100 widgets? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

The maximum shipping costs were set up many years ago, only n specific media categories. There are subcategories for "lots" of various sizes. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/maximum-shipping-costs?id=4655

The thresholds used to be much lower. When eBay raised them to $20+, it seemed to be a sign that they really didn't care any more. Although clearly it still affects non-US sellers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

This is an unfortunate catch in the system for international sellers. US sellers can get around it by using calculated shipping since the cap is only applied to flat rate shipping.

Since you're in Norway and listing on .com you need to use a flat rate. You're right that the system should recognize your outside the US ships-from location and not place a shipping cap on it, but that's not how it's programmed.

This is an area that could use improvement tyler@ebay.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply