cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping question re 2 boxes or 1 box..

Hi! Been selling on eBay for 22 yrs but have a listing/shipping issue I've never encountered before. I'm selling twin dolls (each is 23") in one listing but don't want to put them in the same box.

I don't see an option for using 2 boxes/2 shipments for the same listing.

Info: Each box will be 25" x 15" x 15" & each will weigh 6 lbs.

I don't think it's legal to tape to boxes together or I'd try that.

So, do I attempt to find an even larger box to put both boxes in (adding ridiculous weight/cost) or try another something or other? 

The listing is drafted but I'm at a standstill until I sort this out.

How would you experts tackle this?   Tks!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Shipping question re 2 boxes or 1 box..

@lynnster1952 

You can ship them in two different boxes.

After you buy the first shipping label, you'll have an option to buy another one.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'm with Ken on this one... you'll also have the ability to enter both tracking numbers. You got this!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

You should try to find a narrower box for the dolls.  The dimensions that you give are subject to a "dimensional weight" of 34 pounds. But a box that's 25x15x10 will ship at the 23-pound rate.  Every inch will help. To be able to ship at the 6-pound rate, you'd  have to get the total volume of the box down to 1728 cubic inches (i.e., 1 cubic foot) which would mean something like 24x10x7 inches.  

USPS allows you to tape two boxes together as long as the attachment is secure so they can easily handle it as one box However, a package that's 25x15x30 would have a length-plus-girth of 110 inches which is 2 inches above the threshold for Priority Mail, so you'd have to ship it via Parcel Select Ground (or Retail Ground). The dimensional weight of that box would be 68 pounds.

eBay's shipping calculator doesn't have a way to calculate the postage cost for two boxes.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks...there appears to be no solution but I appreciate your help!

By the time I bubble-wrap a doll for a box with a 10" dimension, it won't fit.

So perhaps I need to consider raising my BIN price (it's already $650) to try to cover cost of shipping just one box? (that way I can do listing as one box -  to keep the BIN down - & use the padded BIN to help cover the cost of the 2nd box)  

I'll look again at UPS ground with 2 boxes taped together but I think I tried that & it was insane if going from east to west coast, cost-wise.

Spent all day on this one listing so will go have a minor meltdown & start fresh tomorrow..my brain is totally fried trying to figure this one out!  Tks again!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply