cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping multiple boxes

If I am selling a set of china, which will be shipped in four boxes (all the same size,) how do I list the shipping costs, in the shipping details? Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping multiple boxes

@akwc92 wrote:

If I am selling a set of china, which will be shipped in four boxes (all the same size,) how do I list the shipping costs, in the shipping details? Thank you in advance.

I don't believe that will work. When you list multiple items for sale, it is implied they will all be shipped together in same container. Even when you offer to combine items, it is combining them to the same package. There is only room for one tracking number per transaction. 

Besides if you sent out 4 boxes, chances are that one box will not make it. How would a buyer open an item not received for one box when the tracking would show delivered for the others, and there is only room for one tracking number? 

You must want to avoid breakage by packaging the plates separately but I don't see how that's possible given the limitations on this platform. You could alternatively list the china set in four separate listings each with their own shipping charges and point out they are a set. You then take the risk that someone will purchase 1 or 2 listings and leave you with the rest. Interesting question....

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@akwc92 

Asking for trouble on that. List your china in one listing and do local pickup. Your blessed to be in that part of the East Coast where you could even meet buyer half way from 8 different states! 😆

You start playing around shipping 4 different boxes full of China with shipping still slow and tensions high with the postal service,the potential buyer will end up with 1 tea cup!

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I'm with the others... this is just too big an order to successfully fill. I'd go with either selling in lots or local pickup. Good luck.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your input 😊

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I'm going to slightly disagree with some posters. You absolutely can enter more than one tracking number. I just sent an order out in two boxes last week. Both tracking numbers show up in the details for the order. It's not the first time I've done this.  What I do is insure each box for the full value of the order - so if one goes missing, I can in theory get a full refund for the buyer. It costs me a little extra, and I don't do it often.

What you can't easily do is account for that in the listing. About all you can do is add a handling charge that you feel would cover the costs of the extra boxes.

Honestly - considering how trashed most boxes are by the time I get them, I'd be terrified to send out china via any shipping service.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply