cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping fees

So I read online and youpeople not understanding something. I charge my customer.Shipping. eBay is still charging me for the shipping and keeping the money.  If you read the transaction report is exactly how it sounds. How is this allowed to happen? 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Shipping fees

You're not understanding.

The buyer pays you to ship the item.

You have to pay the carrier to deliver the item.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

You sell item for $20

You charge $5 to ship

Tax is $2

Total is $27

eBay takes:

that $2 for shipping

$4 for 'fees'

Leaves you $21 in which you THEN pay for the shipping label

If said shipping label costs you $5

you 'net' $16

$16 of $20 is normal. 

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

No matter how you slice it, every seller, everywhere buys a shipping label to ship an order. The seller either buys the shipping label thru eBay or elsewhere. For every order shipped, the seller buys a  shipping label.

The seller charges the buyer for the shipping label separately in the listing or the seller includes the shipping in the price of the item, aka Free Shipping. 

Either way, the buyer pays for the shipping.

EBay charges final value fees on the total price the buyer pays including the shipping price and sales tax.  The seller gets what the buyer paid for the item plus shipping,

Less the fees.

You need to study your transaction breakdown a little better.

Posting ID
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

@centerpiece23 wrote:

If you read the transaction report is exactly how it sounds. 

I suggest you go back to the order and click on "order details." On the right side of the page, scroll down and you'll see the item price, the sales tax paid by the buyer and the shipping charge you collected that will go to pay for the shipping label.

You'll see where the sales tax came back out (to be forwarded to the buyer's state department of revenue) and the FVF that ebay gets paid from your proceeds. If you've already purchased the shipping label, you'll see that as a deduction also because the buyer paid you and you use that money to pay for the label. 

At the very bottom, that's the amount of your net that ebay will send to your bank after the deductions (sales tax, FVF, shipping label).

Example: 

albertabrightalberta_0-1699234974552.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

Agree with @kensgiftshop 

You are not understanding the transaction report...

I have added 2 screen shots for you

Both sales have charged the BUYER the calculated shipping for their order. (WHAT YOUR BUYER PAID)

The left transaction shows the total sales and then all the associated costs that were fulfilled by ebay.....

USPS postage/shipping was purchased at another site (pirateship), so ebay does not include that in their costs because it is not their fulfillment even though the buyer paid me $4.84 for shipping....I took that $4,84 and bought my label elsewhere,,,,,,

The transaction on the right shows the same thing, only this sale, I utilized ebay shipping labels to print my labels and the labels cost me $8.30, end my buyer paid 10.52 which was included in the total funds processed by ebay. So ebay collected 10.52 from the buyer for shipping, gave it to me, and I in turn spent $8.30 of that 10.52 to buy a shipping label.

The report is a summary of the transaction within ebay....it is one of the better things they have done with the interface....

!ebay-shipping-costs-4.jpg

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Shipping fees

@albertabrightalberta and @monica-sells did a great job explaining the breakdowns.  Nice work you all.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 7
latest reply