cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping delays to Newark, Delaware?

I shipped (USPS) two first class packages on the same morning, one to California and one to Newark, Delaware. The California package arrived in two days, while the Delaware package is still stuck in transit. I only post this because the Delaware customer just purchased an other item.  I hesitate to ship  this second order until the first order arrives to customer.  Is Newark a warehouseing network as the one in Florida? The Newark address has a number and road, but below the road there is a line with "KW 12662".  Does anyone one know what that means?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Shipping delays to Newark, Delaware?

Has any seller shipped to Ogletown Rd., KW 12662, Newark, DE 19713-1856? I am beginning to suspect that this is a third party shipping company for an over seas buyer?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I keep posting so this thread so that it will stay at the top of the community board. Can anyone help?  I do not sell to overseas buyers. Is this how they get around the fact I have no overseas shipping or is this a scam? 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

How do I check a persons payment or E-bay address with a shipping address?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Delaware could be a slow ship depending upon which distribution centers your shipment passes thru on the way there. 

The address does resemble what goes to a re-shipper. The KW12662 is probably your overseas buyer's account number with the re-shipper.

When a customer pays, I ship.

I have not been using USPS. I ship UPS and all shipments have been making it on time.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

If this is a reshipper then that is positive for you as a seller.  Don't listen to what Google tells you, it isn't a scam.

If you are concerned what a buyer might think, then COMMUNICATE with the buyer!  You could send them a note thanking them for the second purchase but noting that you are watching the tracking on the first purchase and there appears to be a delay in the USPS system.  Let them know that you are concerned and thus ask them if they want to cancel the second order or continue with it in light of delays with the first package.

If you do that you give the buyer a chance to cancel if timing is important, plus it makes you look good as a seller - that you are interested in and watching the buyer's package and not being one of those "Ship it & Forget It" type of sellers.  Communication can build cred.

What is the street number on Ogletown Road?  There is a Freight Forwarder on that street I found by googling the address.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply