cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping charges are being charged twice - Check your bank account

I currently have 8 charges on my bank account for shipping with the vendor being PayPal.

All of my shipping is paid by my available balance with PayPal.

I have 8 identical deductions from both accounts for about $70.00

I've opened a case with Paypal and they say it could take up to 10 days while they contact eBay

Should I contact eBay as well even though PayPal is the vendor listed on my bank statement ?

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping charges are being charged twice - Check your bank account

I can't help you with your problem but thanks for the warning to watch.  Am wondering if this whole selling on Ebay thing is worth the trouble. Hope you get it straightened out.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Shipping charges are being charged twice - Check your bank account

@*the_off_grid_store* wrote:

I currently have 8 charges on my bank account for shipping with the vendor being PayPal.

All of my shipping is paid by my available balance with PayPal.

Double-check this, and you may find that it is not a duplicate charge ... though PayPal is receiving the charge, they are likely taking the funds out of your Bank Account rather than your PayPal balance.  If you can click on a charge to expand details, you'll see a phrase that states "Paid with" followed by the payment source.

A lot of sellers are encountering this.  Check your PayPal settings to see if your default for on-line purchases  is your bank account rather than your PayPal balance (accessed via that gear on the upper right, followed by clicking on the "Payments" tab).

Message 3 of 3
latest reply