cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Victorian Advertising Trade Cards

I just started listing Victorian trade cards. In the listing it gives me the option for the eBay standard envelope that you can use for postcards/ trading cards etc. I set my shipping for $1.25. But when I go to ship it says that option not available. I have no problem shipping post cards, just the trade cards. Anyone run into this? I hate to have to go back to listings and increase the shipping.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Shipping Victorian Advertising Trade Cards

Probably a category thing. But, with the luck people are having with tracking the eBay Standard Envelops so far, you're probably better off just sending it 1st class letter anyway.

Yes, having the exact same problem. Appears for my postcard listings but not for my victorian trade card listings.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@rebell45 wrote:

Probably a category thing. But, with the luck people are having with tracking the eBay Standard Envelops so far, you're probably better off just sending it 1st class letter anyway.

This.  All of this.

eBay Standard Envelope is only available in 3 categories:  Trading Cards (not the same as Trade Cards), Coins and Paper Money, and Postcards and Stamps.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping/ebay-standard-envelope.html

Also, it does appear pointless to pay extra for this supposed tracked envelope service, when USPS doesn't seem to have means to track them.  Not sure why eBay has even rolled this thing out when it is not supported by the carrier.

Stick them in an envelope with thin cardboard to stiffen, mail them as a nonmachinable letter.  under a dollar for 2 ounce or less.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

If this card is worth more than a few dollars, please, PLEASE ship it sandwiched between heavy cardboard, overwrapped in plastic and use First Class Package.

Please.

Nothing stinks worse than buying a $10 - $50 card and the seller sending it in a plain envelope.  When it rains, it gets wet. They get torn. They get bent. It stinks.

I quit buying from cheap shipping sellers and only buy from ones that actually charge for package shipping. Most of them do it right.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

It shows tracking on all of mine sent with the standard envelope. It doesn't show the received tracking, but shows when it hits the major points and when its been delivered. Wish it was extended to victorian trade cards; seems very arbitrary which categories can do it.  

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

So it says postcards are acceptable, but it won't give me the option to ship via Trading Cards when the postcards are in this category. There is no way to change it:

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Honestly it's ridiculous; am forced to sell only LOTS of victorian trade cards because who is going to want to pay 3.50 for shipping for one 5.00 trade card. Program needs to be extended to victorian trade cards.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I do hope eBay will consider extending standard envelope to Victorian Trade Cards as well.  If it's available for sport trading cards I don't really see the difference.  Also I see people now listing trade cards under postcards so that they can take advantage of the standard envelope but all that does is clutter up the categories with unrelated items.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

They probably do it because so many more people collect sports cards than Victorian cards. Ebay probably wants to encourage more folks to list these types of cards.   I have 2 shoe boxes full of them in the basement and I am starting to contemplate listing them.  Frankly, I never heard of Victorian cards until this post.  Perhaps you can sell your cards in small lots of 3-10 cards.  Goodluck.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The original post is from June. Is the situation still the same?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply