cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Label Will Not Print

I received an order from a customer in Chile. When I go to purchase and print the shipping label (through the "eBay International Standard Delivery" program), I get a "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label" error - every time, no matter how I format the address (see attached image). The address looks fine. I asked the customer to confirm their address is in the proper format. They did. It is correct.

Coincidentally, I also had a different order on the same day from a different person in Chile and I was able to purchase and print their shipping label (through the same "eBay International Standard Delivery" program) without any problem.

So I'm not sure what I should do. I tried contacting eBay for Business, but haven't heard back from them - and I'm not sure if I will hear back from them before I must ship the order.

Any ideas or recommendations for what I should do?

Should I just give up and cancel the order? I don't see why I should have to do that when I have a customer that wants what they purchased, and I want to ship them what they purchased, but eBay won't generate the #$@&%! shipping label. 😞

something-went-wrong.png

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Shipping Label Will Not Print

No, nothing like that would work. I finally just bit the bullet and changed the shipping to a more expensive USPS International (bypassing eBay's International Standard Delivery) at a higher cost (to me) and it generated the label no problem.

eBay for Business got back to me after that with the following response:

We've been having this issue on chrome this weekend, and have found that most people report being able to get around it by printing the label through Microsoft Edge or Firefox. Our IT department is trying to track down the cause

(◔‸◔ )ʃ

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I've never used ebay's International Standard Delivery, but I see you have 8 oz for the item weight and 8 oz for the packaged weight.  What happens if you decrease the item weight, to say, 6 oz ?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

No, nothing like that would work. I finally just bit the bullet and changed the shipping to a more expensive USPS International (bypassing eBay's International Standard Delivery) at a higher cost (to me) and it generated the label no problem.

eBay for Business got back to me after that with the following response:

We've been having this issue on chrome this weekend, and have found that most people report being able to get around it by printing the label through Microsoft Edge or Firefox. Our IT department is trying to track down the cause

(◔‸◔ )ʃ

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hello.  I've been having the same issue for about 5 days now and one eBay rep I spoke with (from the UK) told me it was a known glitch with shipping labels that included insurance ("up to $100" insured labels).  So yeah, international labels and domestic labels such as Priority and Priority Express are having these issues.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like much is being done about it which is obviously very frustrating.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

eBay notifications are misleading. I had the same issue - I double checked the send-to address and the buyer's last name was missing. Once I put in the buyer's last name I was able to generate an eBay International shipping label.

USPS will double check and verify correct addresses for you, and most likely why you were able to generate a USPS label but had an error message with the eBay International label.

(eBay customer service doesn't understand this, and will just think it's a browser technical issue)

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply