cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping Business Policies Are Driving Me Nuts! Help?

I came back to selling a little over 2 yrs ago and set up a store (much had changed).  I created a shipping policy (I think I did haha) but I sell many different types of antiques/collectibles and am very concerned about saving my buyers as much as I am able on shipping. 

Now that USPS has introduced 'Advantage' and I do a new listing wishing to use that service, I can't find it!  And now, checking the 'business policies' section every week or so, I have a TON of new policies that I didn't create.  I don't know why this is such a problem. 

Does anyone even know what I'm trying to explain? haha....LOST IN SHIPPING BUSINESS POLICY WORLD!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I looked at your last 4 sales. 

1st one offered 1st Class along with GA, and Priority.

Next 2 only offered Priority.

4th one only offered 1st Class.

-------------------------

Need to scratch that 1st Class from policies/listings that do not qualify for 1st Class.

300+ listings will be a pain to do 1 X 1, but.......................................  may be worth the effort in the long run.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

You can "opt out" of the business policy feature. As I did, because whoever designed it doesn't know anything about UX design.  

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Hey @blissfulcollector . Manage and edit biz policies or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings on this page.

bizpolicies.png

Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it. If you want to give it a try, click the link in my signature below. If you prefer to not use them, then follow the opt out instructions above.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps you should slowing get back into shipping by maybe shipping your own items by using USPS or FedEx or UPS to get an understanding of shipping items again.

You can always refund a buyer any extra cost by mistake very easily...and also point that out to them during their purchase if you wish.

There is a lot to read up on for shipping and this EIS. Although you get covered by using EIS...there are sometimes delays in packages getting to the buyer...due to packages sitting in this shipping hubs...plus here comes the holiday rush and snow days.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

So, if I opt out of business policies, can I then easily choose which shipping method I prefer to use on a per listing basis?  But then, if I opt out, what happens to everything that is assigned to a business policy?  I've been trying to correct everything one at a time through the business policy section....just a head banger.  Thx!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Thank you for your response, but I'm fine with shipping items and using various services.  It is Ebay's Business Policy configuration that is causing me problems.  I just opted out and will see how that works.

Thanks again for kind time!

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I looked at your last 4 sales. 

1st one offered 1st Class along with GA, and Priority.

Next 2 only offered Priority.

4th one only offered 1st Class.

-------------------------

Need to scratch that 1st Class from policies/listings that do not qualify for 1st Class.

300+ listings will be a pain to do 1 X 1, but.......................................  may be worth the effort in the long run.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@blissfulcollector 

As an aside ............................... when you work your listings, you may also want to reverse the Priority/Ground Advantage shipping choices to Ground Advantage/Priority to display GA first as a more attractive shipping price.  You can always upgrade the shipping if the cost is close.

Perhaps eBay is doing something odd there

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Perhaps eBay is doing something odd there

---------------------------------------------------------

Was not aware that eBay was doing a "switcheroo" when displaying shipping choices based upon distance/price. 

I thought they left them in the order that a seller chooses them.

90210.jpg

23456.jpg

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Depending on location, Priority really isn't any faster than GA or FC anyway

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Also to note.......................  certainly up to you to do as you choose, but I see that only 12 of your 304 listings are available for shipping by eIS  to many countries....................  severely limiting your buyer base.

Some sellers find the eIS program to be very attractive as eBay takes the heat on any issues once the item arrives at the hub.

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Thank you so much for your thoughtful reply!!  I figured it out thanks to you.  Deleted all business policies.  Spent 2 days going through all 300+ listings and changing everything.  I don't know why I waited so long to put this problem out there.  I suppose because my sales were slow and it didn't matter much.  Actually, they were slow because of the shipping business policies!!!  

Thanks again so much!!

blissfulcollector

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

Another thing to keep in mind when manually building a listing.......Ebay acts like you can select additional shipping providers for international buyers. But in reality, your choice will not be an "additional" choice, it will be the ONLY choice. Your buyers will only see the price for THAT choice. They will no longer see a price for EIS. This was confirmed to me by 2 agents over the phone, who said Ebay currently is unable to show multiple shipping opions to overseas buyers. And they had no idea when or if Ebay plans to change that.

My best recommendation is to just use EIS without choosing any other overseas options. UPS and FedEx are too expensive anyway, and also incur brokerage fees that some buyers refuse to pay, leaving you on the hook.  With EIS the full fees are shown ahead of time, and they take care of any issues.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply