cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipped wrong item to buyer now they will not return my messages

Okay I am needing any insight here on this huge mess I have landed myself in. This is how this all began.

Upon a few auction endings same day I had listed - I accidentally mixed up package and address label. Making two buyers receiving wrong item. One of which I am working with, issue refund and she will be returning the item she received. The other party however.... Well... They at first had sent me a couple messages inquiring where their package is/not received. I responded appropriate with I would get back to them with tracking info. In which I realized my mistake and replied with asking if by chance they received a larger box obviously from me/my address as tracking info shows indeed a package was delivered to such address.  Now, nothing from them. I believe yes they did get item, open, and got a better bargain for what they paid for.  Basically they purchased a 20 dollar item and received a much better item triple their investment. Obviously they have not , nor do I expect them to open a case for not receiving their item - or maybe they could and get a refund on their item not received. Is there anyway I can get the item or paid for item they received... 

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Shipped wrong item to buyer now they will not return my messages

" Is there anyway I can get the item or paid for item they received... "

You could ask nicely.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I just want to say you are not alone.

I've been waiting for a buyer to return my items and he hasn't. No contact what so ever.

It bothers me that they are valuable and i don't know where they are.

I would let ebay step in and handle it. I have and I'm confident they will help.

Less worrying for me.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@silvertide12

Sorry, but there's nothing you, ebay, or PayPal can do if the buyer refuses to return the item.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

The buyer can open a SNAD complaint (received wrong item) and request that you pay return postage. If you then receive the returned item, you can refund the amount the person actually paid. Or he/she can request that you send the correct item at your expense.

Or your customer can keep the wrong item and not complain. Basically, you sent a gift and the person is not required to return it.

Right now, your obligation is to the cooperating buyer who received the cheaper item. You can let the person keep it or return it at your expense. You can make the appropriate financial adjustment or fill the original order -- all at your expense.

Next time, prepare one order at a time. Check all details -- destination, weight, item description, etc. -- before slapping a label on the package.

~~C~~
My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@chutz-pah wrote:

I've been waiting for a buyer to return my items and he hasn't. No contact what so ever.

I would let ebay step in and handle it. I have and I'm confident they will help.

Less worrying for me.

How so? Should Ebay send over somebody to knock on their door to pick up your items and return them to you?

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@silvertide12 wrote:

...I believe yes they did get item, open, and got a better bargain for what they paid for.  Basically they purchased a 20 dollar item and received a much better item triple their investment. ...

I think you know the answer.

There is no "reverse SNAD" if thats what your looking for.

I would move on myself, I would not badger the buyer.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@chutz-pah wrote:

I'm sorry you have to go through this. I just want to say you are not alone.

Less worrying for me.

A seller should NEVER have eBay "Step In". I wouldn't be so "confident".

Message 8 of 8
latest reply