cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling Community feedback on new format to enter tracking no. &how it affects seller’s performance.

Hello, Did anyone else receive EBay’s email that not using their new format to send buyer’s their tracking no. Will be a negative on seller performance record? I have always contacted in a separate message the tracking no., the shipper and the approximate time of arrival also if I added the option of signature on delivery. So I have always done this and yes, it takes extra time but well worth reaching out to my customers. Now, I am told that even though I have initiated this prior to Ebay monitoring my interaction with my buyers that this will give me a negative performance record. I am tired of being forced into a format. Probably I do not see things from the mammoth numbers perspective. Does anyone else feel the over control is too much for the human being type of seller with a caring spirit?? Diane

p.s. at least they do provide this format of free speech before 1984 by George Orwell’s prediction spreads.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Selling Community feedback on new format to enter tracking no. &how it affects seller’s perf

@antiquesnemethdi13 wrote:

Thank you. But I did get that notification yesterday that I would not be a top seller if I did not use EBay’s format instead of just messaging on my own the tracking no. And shipping details. I will have to learn their method on my little Ipad.  Less then tech savvy, Diane

OK, I see what happened. The e-mail encouraged you to upload tracking to the transaction because without it you cannot be a Top Rated Seller. This is accurate.

Since you have tracking, why would you not want it tied to the transaction? There's no rule that says you have to use tracking at all, but if you do upload it then you could qualify for TRS status which unlocks some seller protections. In addition, any buyer that files a claim for "item not received" will be refunded if tracking isn't uploaded so it's risky to not add tracking.

Your account isn't going to be demoted from Above Standard if you don't add tracking. It just won't escalate to Top Rated and you won't have protection on not received claims.

You don't have to be tech savvy to purchase your shipping labels through eBay. Give it a try and if you have questions about the process, come here to ask @antiquesnemethdi13. Do you have a postage scale and a printer? Or at postage scale and a smart phone? Either combination will work.

To buy postage online you need to be able to accurately measure and weigh your packages. Then you need to be able to either print your shipping labels, or have a smart phone to bring to the post office where they can scan a code in your e-mail and they can print the pre-paid labels for you.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Selling Community feedback on new format to enter tracking no. &how it affects seller’s perf

Anonymous
Not applicable

why would any buyer take the time to type in the tracking number.  will decrease buyer feedback. another dumb ebay change

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Did not receive that e-mail - could you post the contents @antiquesnemethdi13?

May I ask why you don't purchase your labels online? It would add tracking numbers to your transactions automatically and would result in significant cost savings. It would not stop you from messaging each buyer if you prefer to do that.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

don't think that is was what the message says. ebay seems to want the seller to send a message typing out the tracking number again. many buyers are not even aware the tracking is listed already.  I get messages often asking me what the tracking number is even though I always shop via ebay shipping

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Most of us don't do tracking for inexpensive stuff. There is no negative on seller performance record. However, you might not get that tiny discount on eBay fees if you do not upload the tracking as suggested.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Thank you. But I did get that notification yesterday that I would not be a top seller if I did not use EBay’s format instead of just messaging on my own the tracking no. And shipping details. I will have to learn their method on my little Ipad.  Less then tech savvy, Diane

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Good thought, Thank you. Not so tech savvy, Diane

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

You are right the tracking no. Is automatically there as seen when I am a buyer. What a lot of redundancy, Kindly, Diane

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@antiquesnemethdi13 wrote:

OK, I see what happened. The e-mail encouraged you to upload tracking to the transaction because without it you cannot be a Top Rated Seller. This is accurate.

Since you have tracking, why would you not want it tied to the transaction? There's no rule that says you have to use tracking at all, but if you do upload it then you could qualify for TRS status which unlocks some seller protections. In addition, any buyer that files a claim for "item not received" will be refunded if tracking isn't uploaded so it's risky to not add tracking.

Your account isn't going to be demoted from Above Standard if you don't add tracking. It just won't escalate to Top Rated and you won't have protection on not received claims.

You don't have to be tech savvy to purchase your shipping labels through eBay. Give it a try and if you have questions about the process, come here to ask @antiquesnemethdi13. Do you have a postage scale and a printer? Or at postage scale and a smart phone? Either combination will work.

To buy postage online you need to be able to accurately measure and weigh your packages. Then you need to be able to either print your shipping labels, or have a smart phone to bring to the post office where they can scan a code in your e-mail and they can print the pre-paid labels for you.

GLORIOUS!

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you so much for your detail information and helpful to others. Diane

Message 10 of 10
latest reply