cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller won't answer - Tracking number doesn't exist

So I just bought 2 perfumes from India, I have been doing this for the past year and haven't had any complication until these 2 last purchases I've made in January from 2 different Indian sellers who have many reviews and I thought it was going to be safe. They gave me 2 tracking numbers, the second seller "shipped" the perfume 5 hours after doing the purchase (which means that's a fake tracking number). So I got to Parcels.com and India Post International to see wether these tracking numbers existed and found out that there wasn't any given information. I messaged both sellers and no one of them responded, giving me the signals of a possible fraud. What do you guys think? Have this happened before, because I cannot see any progress on my orders. Maybe the never shipped the item and I'm waiting for nothing. Both sellers made clear in the description that they shipped to my country Peru via International Economic Shipping. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Seller won't answer - Tracking number doesn't exist

Do you check the sellers feedback, one has 83.3%.

I won't buy from a seller if their feedback is lower then 99.9%.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

If it is after the last estimated delivery date on your order details, go to your purchase history and open an item not received claim.  If the seller doesn’t refund you, ask eBay to step in about 3 days later.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Basically, none of that really matters and here's why:

In the listing, or listings, where you made your purchase, you saw an estimated delivery date.

If/when that date passes by at least one day, and you do not have your item, you can open an item not received case with eBay.  

Please read eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers so that you will know what to do if/when a transaction goes wrong.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

It does matter.  The MBG isn’t complicated - I do understand it.  But the existence of the MBG doesn’t mean that buyers like to have their money tied up with a seller that won’t ship.  Lousy sellers are a buyer satisfaction killer.  

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Of course, no one likes to have their money tied up with a seller who won't ship.

But there was an estimated delivery date in the listing.   

The buyer saw that date when he made his purchase.  What option does the buyer have other than to wait for that date and, if the item is not delivered by that date, to take the appropriate action per the MBG? 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I cannot take action. In the Ebay website I chose the option that says "item not received" then Ebay says "it's probably that your item is still on the way" but the delivery date has passed and It doesn't make sense. I can't request a refund or Contact Ebay because they don't give me any options. Where I can make a report on this case? I want my money back.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Guys I can't request a refund Ebay doesn't give me any options, the delivery date has passed out and the page doesn't give me any option to ask for a refund because "the item is on the way".

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Was there tracking for the items and, if so, what does it indicate?

If the delivery date has passed by more than 24 hours, but less than 30 days, you should be able to open INR case.

Exactly what was the last estimated delivery date?  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

It should have arrived yesterday (6)

It means that I can open the case tomorrow? (7 of March)

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I mean it should have arrived 5 of March

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If the last estimated delivery date was the 5th, you should be able to open an item not received claim today through your purchase history.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply