cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller is refusing return package. What should I do.

I bought an item from a seller recently at the mid August of last month. Should of took the negative feedback that other buyers left for this seller more seriously.  It took the seller a week to actually get the item drop off. Then when the package finally came through, the item was defective. I message the seller twice about the situation and after two days of not hearing back from the seller, I finally went for ebay for help. I opened a return request, and after so many days not hearing the seller respond to the return, I finally had this escalate to ebay. The decided in my favor and for me to return the item. I printed out the return label and ship the item back to the seller.

What is weird is that, the return case detail shows that the return case has "started", but doesn't progress further to "item shipped".  I don't know if this is a delay in the ebay system or what, but I checked USPS for the tracking number for the return label, and it does show that the item have been scanned and is in  USPS pocession.

Today, I checked the tracking number again, and it shows that it is being returned back to sender. So in a few days, I will be getting the package again. So what should I do next since it seems like the seller is refusing the package?

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Seller is refusing return package. What should I do.

When it comes back, call eBay.  Either the seller doesn't have the right address in their return section or they refused the return.  You will see what the markings on the mailer actually say.   Either is unacceptable.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply