cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller didn't pick up the returned item - eBay says they can't refund me

I've never had such bad service; the seller has only one feedback (1), and I have a great history in eBay (member since 2007), with maybe four returns.

How come that eBay says I don't have enough evidence that the item was returned to the seller, while it's obvious he doesn't want to pick up the package.

I even called eBay and explained them, they say, "if the seller doesn't pick it up, the item will arrive back to you, then you should send it back to the seller,"

it's ridiculous, that I need to fight against a scammer, the item doesn't work properly.

I showed eBay the DHL tracking number and that the item arrived 7 days ago at a local shop where the seller should pick it up. I also have pictures of the package (from the day I've sent it back) with the printed receipt with the tracking number and all required details.

What should I do?
Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Seller didn't pick up the returned item - eBay says they can't refund me

I see you are located in Israel.

Did you use ebay to file the Returns Request and enter the tracking number into the returns request?  If so, when that tracking number shows DELIVERED (or available for pickup), the seller has 2 days to refund you.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@dark_trees wrote:

eBay says I don't have enough evidence that the item was returned to the seller, while it's obvious he doesn't want to pick up the package.

I showed eBay the DHL tracking number and that the item arrived 7 days ago at a local shop where the seller should pick it up.

Hi brian@ebay, it seems OP paid for the return shipping*, so eBay holds OP (i.e. whoever pays for shipping) responsible for delivery of the return?

*via DHL to a local shop for pick-up, meaning the seller may not be in US either

We have no bahamas today.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hi,

It shows Israel, but I'm located in Germany.

All was automatic, eBay sent me the label, and I printed it and sent the item back.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

@dark_trees wrote:

I've never had such bad service; the seller has only one feedback (1), and I have a great history in eBay (member since 2007), with maybe four returns.

How come that eBay says I don't have enough evidence that the item was returned to the seller, while it's obvious he doesn't want to pick up the package.

I even called eBay and explained them, they say, "if the seller doesn't pick it up, the item will arrive back to you, then you should send it back to the seller,"

it's ridiculous, that I need to fight against a scammer, the item doesn't work properly.

I showed eBay the DHL tracking number and that the item arrived 7 days ago at a local shop where the seller should pick it up. I also have pictures of the package (from the day I've sent it back) with the printed receipt with the tracking number and all required details.

What should I do?
Thank you.

Hi @dark_trees, from what I can see, the Return was opened on the eBay Germany site. I am not able to give advice or take action on Germany returns, so you'll need to work with eBay.de customer support to get this resolved. Thanks!

Brian,
Community Team
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you 🙂
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@dark_trees wrote:

What should I do?
Thank you.

Hi @dark_trees, from what I can see, the Return was opened on the eBay Germany site. I am not able to give advice or take action on Germany returns, so you'll need to work with eBay.de customer support to get this resolved. Thanks!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply