cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seller cancelled his refund

I purchased an item on 7-29-17, it was marked ad "shipped" without a tracking number. After a week, I contacted the seller about it, no response. Then I opened the case, the seller issued a refund. I saw a Paypal email about the refund and then clicked " close the case" on ebay. Well, the next day I got another Paypal email that the refund couldn't be processed and they will try in 3 days, a week later Paypal sent me a message that the refund was cancelled! Now I can't contact ebay again, the website doesn't let me, since the case closed states "refund received ". I can't even leave a negative feedback, because the order was deleted from my purchase history!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

eBay cannot help you since you closed the case. I would suggest filing an item not received case with PayPal and make sure to escalate it immediately. Good luck!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You jumped the gun too soon. The refund could have been sent via e-check, which can be cancelled at anytime before the recipient receives it. Your options are limited, as suggested by missjen file an INR with PayPal, or if you were fortunate enough to have paid with your personal CC through PayPal, file a chargeback with them.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Since when can any paypal payment be cancelled?

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

So I am just curious more than anything about the OP's situation.  It sounds like the refund failed but I am wondering the following:  When a NAD case is opened in ebay the funds are automatically held by Paypal.  It sounds like this seller went to Paypal and instructed them to release the funds and when they did, an email was sent to the OP notifying them, but then took another day to realize the refund failed.    My question is:  when a NAD case is opened in ebay, can a seller instruct paypal to release the funds? I can't think of any other way how this happened to the OP.    Anyone know? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I think what happened is the seller didnt have the funds in Paypal, so their backup source for funding was used, an e-check was issued, and then the e-check bounced or was canceled
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@green-night wrote:

So I am just curious more than anything about the OP's situation.  It sounds like the refund failed but I am wondering the following:  When a NAD case is opened in ebay the funds are automatically held by Paypal.  It sounds like this seller went to Paypal and instructed them to release the funds and when they did, an email was sent to the OP notifying them, but then took another day to realize the refund failed.    My question is:  when a NAD case is opened in ebay, can a seller instruct paypal to release the funds? I can't think of any other way how this happened to the OP.    Anyone know? 

As far as I know, the seller CANNOT do that. I mean.....it sounds like paypal has recruited some of ebay's CS reps (judging by the bad advice they are giving out these days) so maybe the seller got lucky and got a rep on the phone who released the funds when they shouldn't have. But as far as I know, on an ebay SNAD, the seller can't just get the funds released. I was thinking it was an e-check that bounced. Because I don't think sellers can just cancel refunds? 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 7 of 7
latest reply