cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I charge my restocking fee for a return requested?

It's been awhile since I've sold on Ebay and one of the things that has changed is the restocking fee.

Today I recieved a "Return Request" from my buyer stating that she changed her mind and no longer wants the item.  It is within the return timeframe and I want to accept the return, however I did list in my listing that there was a restocking fee for returns (because the item was a sealed box, and can't sell new if seal is broken) and that shipping cost will not be refunded.  

My question is how do I accept the return and make sure the restocking fee and shipping cost is deducted from the return?  Do I just click the accept return?  Or do I click on the partial refund option?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

My question is how do I accept the return and make sure the restocking fee and shipping cost is deducted from the return?  Do I just click the accept return?  

Click on Accept Return. 

Once the item is returned and you are ready to refund, the return process will allow you to withhold original shipping and charge a restock fee.  

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

If you have a return policy, AND the return is within the time frame AND you have a posted restocking fee you should be able to click accept return and choose your refund from there. As long as the buyer chose "changed her mind" and not SNAD, your good.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply