cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same day shipping?

I am trying to understand why an order would come in at night and be expected to be shipped the next day when I have selected 1 business day as my handling time. This is happening whether it is a weekend or not.

Is this a glitch on Ebay  or is there a place to fix this?  My listings say 1 business day,

TYIA!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Same day shipping?

@stephenmorgan wrote: ... If you receive order in the evening after business hours on Monday then I would think Tuesday would be your handling time and you ship on Wednesday.  ...

No. Cutoff time applies only to same-day handling. And eBay doesn't recognize "business hours" when figuring one- day handling.

" In the case of 1-day handling, your sold item needs to have an acceptance scan by the following day at 11:59:59 p.m. in your local time zone."

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/shipping-on-ebay/handling-time-and-estimated-delivery-dat...

Same-day handling means that you will ship on the same day if payment comes in before your cutoff time.  One-day handling means that you ship on the next business day.  Just printing the label is enough to satisfy the TRS requirement, but not the basic eBay seller performance measure: "We'll only consider a shipment as late if:  Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your handling time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery..."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Same day shipping?

That is a good question.

If you receive order in the evening after business hours on Monday then I would think Tuesday would be your handling time and you ship on Wednesday.  

Maybe you can get some one from Customer Service to look into it.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4005&st=10

Sometimes you can email them but they do not always respond.

customerhelp@ebay.com

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Same day shipping?

Unfortunately eBay considers a business day to end at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. So if you specify one day shipping then any order that comes in before that time is considered that day's order and must be shipped the next day.

I know this sucks for people doing this part time with limited hours available. But eBay considers something "shipped" once the shipping label is created, not when it actually hits the post office. So if an order comes in Monday at 11:59 PM Pacific Time and you create the label by 11:59PM Tuesday Pacific Time it is considered shipped on time. Now in fairness you are fudging a bit because it won't actually get to the post office until Wednesday.  And your buyer might, if they pay attention, complain that you fudged. So it is a two edged sword.

If, on Monday evening, you get everything that came in Monday packaged and shipped before you go to bed then at worst you might have only an occasional late evening package. Can you spring a half hour on Tuesday to get that one wrapped up also? Therefore, no fudge, no problem.

Failing that is there any reason you do not use 2 days shipping. That solves the problem completely.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Same day shipping?

its a simple concept to understand

any order that comes in is expected to ship the next business day

that is one day handling time

some sellers have cutoff times and I really dont understand that. I think its has something to do with the time zones and the 3 hour thing.

I am in PA and any order that is payed for by midnight ships the next day

its easy to do if you are a full time seller

@amquietemt 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Same day shipping?

@stephenmorgan wrote: ... If you receive order in the evening after business hours on Monday then I would think Tuesday would be your handling time and you ship on Wednesday.  ...

No. Cutoff time applies only to same-day handling. And eBay doesn't recognize "business hours" when figuring one- day handling.

" In the case of 1-day handling, your sold item needs to have an acceptance scan by the following day at 11:59:59 p.m. in your local time zone."

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/shipping-on-ebay/handling-time-and-estimated-delivery-dat...

Same-day handling means that you will ship on the same day if payment comes in before your cutoff time.  One-day handling means that you ship on the next business day.  Just printing the label is enough to satisfy the TRS requirement, but not the basic eBay seller performance measure: "We'll only consider a shipment as late if:  Tracking shows the item was delivered after the estimated delivery date, unless there's an acceptance scan within your handling time or there's confirmation from the buyer of on-time delivery..."

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-policies/seller-performance-policy?id=4347

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Same day shipping?

Hello,

I have started offering Same Day Shipping.

I set muy cutoff time Noon from M to F, I have more than 60 days selling with no problem...until thanksgiving holiday...

For some reason Ebay showed me I had to ship on Nov 23. My orders were marked as Late.

I wrote eBay, they sent me this reply:

"Upon reviewing the situation, I found your account is setup to offer same day shipping, and the 'Set your working days and cut-offs for same day dispatch', was setup to still ship items on Thanksgiving. In this situation, we will be unable to remove the marks for adding tracking late. However, you may want to make adjustments to this setting for the future holidays coming up. You may make the correction from this link:
https://www.ebay.com/ship/cutoff "

Any one knows where can I set that I don't work on Holidays?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Same day shipping?

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply