cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO I CAN'T USE EBAY SHIPPING SUPPLIES FOR FIRST CLASS MAIL?????

So after many years and many packages sent to local Post Office without interruption of any kind, just the other day, (dec2020)  a Postal worker tells me that unless I pay for PRIORITY MAIL postage , I cannot use Ebay's branded shipping supplies ie: polymailers, tapes, stickers ANYTHING that would show on the outside of package. 

Her words exactly were " We don't advertise for Ebay". However she did not actually say we only advertise for ebay IF you pay extra for Priority Mail. I guess she wasn't allowed to say this because I kept badgering her on WHYYYYYY and could not give me a straight answer. Probably because she didn't know herself. 🙄

IS THIS TRUE???? Can someone link something from ebay that says this? Because I've searched hi-and low. Perhaps I missed it in an update. 

Why would I pay $8 PM shipping if I can pay $4 for First Class?? And just to "advertise" for ebay?  Which I wasn't really intending to do. Just using my free shipping supplies like everyone else. 

I have poly mailers from Amazon and U-line that I can use. That's not the issue. I just never heard of this and need confirmation. Otherwise all these ebay supplies are absolutely useless unless again, I pay PM postage, then its okay. 🙄🙄🙄 

Thanks in advance!!!! Ivette G. 

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: SO I CAN'T USE EBAY SHIPPING SUPPLIES FOR FIRST CLASS MAIL?????

I ship loads of First Class packages in eBay mailers and boxes. I've NEVER heard of this happening.

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

I just shipped three First Class things in eBay boxes today, as I do a few times a week. Not a word about it out of the postal clerk.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Absolutely ridiculous.  There is no rule.  You just got a disgruntled postal worker on a bad day.  I ship out tons of packages using ebay packaging

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Not true, complete nonsense. You should report this to your local postmaster.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

All kinds of companies have advertising on their boxes and bags...I think she was wrong.  She got her wires crossed somewhere. 

And paying for Priority would definitely not change that....

Unless...eBay is sending you prepaid USPS Priority packaging... the postage can't contradict the USPS branding.  Like when you print a label, even though it's USPS, it has an eBay logo on it.  So in reverse, if you have an eBay branded bag that has some kind of USPS Priority logo on it - you must pay Priority. 

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

As they say, don't like the answer ask someone else. In this case, drop off with a different PO employee or another PO if one is close by.

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

She must be new. I have never had that issue. I have sent a lot of first class pkgs in ebay branded boxes. I have been told a lot of wrong information by uninformed Post Office workers. I just ignore them.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

That clerk is full of more baloney than an Oscar Mayer truck.

Of course you can ship FCP using Ebay branded supplies. 95% of what I ship is First Class, and it is all sent in Ebay poly mailers.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 41
latest reply

This sounds very odd and not correct. I ship sometimes 1st class in a cereal box. So I can't promote Fruit Loops?

There are definitely mentally compromised people at USPS. I guess like everywhere except there they get to keep their jobs forever.

Dont speak to her. Your life will be much happier. Give her a lil wink or smile. Be on your way. Get back in your car and know you just gave her the best revenge. 

You ignored her AND was nice!!!

Message 10 of 41
latest reply

How did the subject come up? Was she actually refusing to accept your packages?

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

Tagging on.      I ship first class every day using ebay envelopes and padded mailers.  

Without issue.   

OP got some bad info. 

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

if it is priority packaging then they are right; If not they are wrong.

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

if it is priority packaging then they are right; If not they are wrong.

The only Priority packaging requirements limiting you to USPS boxes are for Flat Rate or Regional Rate boxes, in which case you must use the box that corresponds to the Priority rate label that you buy.

For standard Priority Mail that is priced by destination zone and package weight, you can use any packaging (other than the aforementioned Flat Rate or Regional Rate), including eBay-branded.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

She doesn't know what she's talking about. I ship dozens of packages every week with eBay shipping supplies. Almost all packaging has someone's advertising on it. If this was true, then I guess I'd have to stop buying boxes from Uline and anyone else who puts their brand on their boxes.

Message 15 of 41
latest reply