cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPING

I've been on here for years....  sometimes  A PERSON  will buy two? I want the buyer to get a  decent shipping refund discount?

It seems when i try? if i want to refund 10 bucks?  that's not what i get???? can anyone EXPAIN THIS TO ME!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

SHIPPING

I'm not totally sure what you are asking.  If you send a partial refund of $10 a portion of that amount that ebay received for fees and taxes will be refunded by eBay. The remainder of the $10 will come from you. Is that what you are asking?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

You try to send a $10 refund to a buyer, it'll probably say something like "buyer will receive $10.80" (8% sales tax included). It will also likely say you owe something like $8.57. That's because a portion of the refund is covered by EBay from the fees they collected on the sale. 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

You should be able to use the drop-down menu to the left of the order and select 'Send refund'. Fill in the amount you'd like to refund, confirm and submit. Is that not working for you?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

Hello there ! thanks for answering.

let me see if i can explain.

I sell dolls. 10 flat rate on each.

buyer buys 2- 20 bucks.

I want to refund her a  10.

I type in 10

and it always shows less.

( which is ok if comes off my end as a fee)

does that customer get her 10?

I like simple..

small seller. I take my box to the post office. Write the address on the box with a big black sharpie- nice and neat. Get a tracking and i'm done.

no fuss 

😊

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

If you type in $10, buyer gets $10. (Actually they get $10 + whatever sales tax they paid on that $10 too)

It shows YOU OWE "less". Thats because the $10 you're giving back to the buyer, you only got $8.XX from that originally, and the other $1.XX went to EBay's fees originally. 

Buyer gets full amount. Part comes from you, part comes from EBay. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

you can try using ebay shipping

you wont have to stand in line

you wont need to enter the tracking number

when you are paid your $10 shipping by your buyer you are only getting about 8.50 to 8.70

ebay is taking the rest of it, thats why when you refund them back $10 you only need to send them $8.50

if you want to just break even on shipping you need to charge 15% more because of the ebay fees

good luck

@dollocity 

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

Thank YOU so much! I was never really positive about that.   And always worried they weren't getting their entire amount. I was never sure.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

Does this happen often -- a buyer buys more than one item ?  there's a way to combine shipping from the get-go.  You do not have to let the buyer pay full price and then refund them.

Sorry, I no longer sell and have forgotten about how to combine shipping, but, hopefully, someone else will come along and give instructions.  

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

thank you.  😄 There is no line.

It's a one room post office in a very rural town. I'm the only one in there. lol

Lucky Lucky. And the woman that runs it.. she's really good at her job!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

SHIPPING

oh often enough.

Me too. Everything has changed so much.  

Message 11 of 11
latest reply