cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHIPPING LABELS NOT PRINTING

Starting this morning I am unable to print shipping labels

I purchase and go through all the usual steps but then the label doesn't print and instead it prints out

on the sheet 'somethign went wrong. we're sorry"

Help!!

Message 1 of 38
latest reply
37 REPLIES 37

Re: SHIPPING LABELS NOT PRINTING

It is an IE isue caused by the last update.    You can use a different browser (Chrome etc) or go to reprint label and do a screen print.   Clunky, but it works.  Many others having the same problem since the last IE update.  

Message 2 of 38
latest reply

@quackyone wrote:

It is an IE isue caused by the last update.    You can use a different browser (Chrome etc) or go to reprint label and do a screen print.   Clunky, but it works.  Many others having the same problem since the last IE update.  

how do you do a screen print?

i tried another way.

saved the label in my documents.

printed it...

it is ALL blank.

for now will do it on chrome...

but still want to know; how do you do a screen print?

thank you...

and anyone knows if this is going to be fixed?

letoulousain
Message 3 of 38
latest reply

@partial*eclipse wrote:

Here's a suggested fix for IE users:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/FIX-for-USPS-Shipping-Label-Failure-to-Print-Problem/m...

Tried it...

not working for me.

i use IE11

letoulousain
Message 5 of 38
latest reply

To do a screen print, go to the image (label) so you can see it completely then hit your printscreen key (prt sc) above your backspace key. Then open Paint under Windows Accessories in your program list and hit Paste. Crop the image if needed and print it. Or you could paste the image the same way into Irfanview (or other photo editor) and print from there. Irfanview.com is a free photo editor and it's better than Paint. If you don't have it then you should go get it. It's a handy program to have and has no adware/spyware. I use it all the time to mess around with photos.
Message 6 of 38
latest reply

3 days now that I can't print a shipping label. Have to void label, wait 3 weeks for refund,  stand in line at post office to pay postage again, without discount, come home and manually punch in tracking number, to keep my 1 day shipping. eBay had no problem taking payment on time though, I guess they didn't mess that up with so called update.

Message 7 of 38
latest reply

Not just IE - I've tried FF and Chrome and it never gets past the "retrieving info" screen.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 8 of 38
latest reply

The Explorer bug is a myth.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer, none work.  This is an Ebay internal issue.

Message 9 of 38
latest reply

same here

Message 10 of 38
latest reply

@figurephenatix wrote:

The Explorer bug is a myth.

I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer, none work.  This is an Ebay internal issue.

to those interested...

the fix mentioned above works...

but it works from "open the window label" then 1 has to enter pb.com in the compatibility box and refresh the label page...

it works for me.

just have to remember to open that other "window".

OR... print you label on Chrome.

apparently NOT a myth for me.

it works from the regular ebay label page.

don't even have to open that other window thing...

pain in the neck but for now there is a way to get around the issue...

letoulousain
Message 11 of 38
latest reply

You can also print labels through Paypal and the tracking number is forwarded to eBay so you have the proof of shipping.

I have seen other sellers report the same but i am not having any problems myself. So I would guess the problem is unique to your situation or equipment, not a system wide problem..

Message 12 of 38
latest reply

unique to the OP's situation?????

why am i having the same issue, then?

instead of a label, it prints;

sorry something went wrong?

it is clearly an IE issue.

label printing works fine on Chrome.

and could also be an ebay issue.

the label does not print from the ebay page.

but prints from the pb.com label page; (open the window label link).

so i would say ebay and IE.

letoulousain
Message 13 of 38
latest reply

I am getting the same issue too. Here is what is happening, have you noticed the Summary page? Ebay took out the Selling section from it to another location. This of course takes the postal label printing out of sync because the Selling section is no longer on the Summary page. This is why we have not been able to print the shipping labels! We all have had complaints in the past when eBay screwed around with the Summary page where we wanted everything all on one page, both Selling and Buying since it was very convenient for all of us. I do encourage everyone to slam eBay to leave the Summary page alone. Everyone has always been telling eBay "If it is not broken, don't fix it!" It is time to demand eBay to restore the Summary page!

Message 14 of 38
latest reply

quackyone,

This issue is not caused by IE. All browsers have not been affected. The issue is from eBay screwing around with the Summary page. They took out the Selling section and moved it to another location which brings it out of sync of postal label printing. The postal label printing page is connected to the Selling section. Therefore, they disconnected the Selling section from it. Have a look at the Summary page and try to look for the Selling section. Not there! Make sense?

Message 15 of 38
latest reply