cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned item was not damaged

I sold an item last week and when the buyer received it he emailed me claiming it was damaged. I was surprised because that piece of equipment had just returned from a qualified technician a few months before and it was working perfectly.  Since anything is possible I decided to accept the return and refunded his money. Upon receiving the equipment I immediately took it to my technician who tested it and found no issues with it. Obviously a case of buyers remorse on the buyer's part. My question, is there anything that ebay can do on a false claim like that in order to get their money back? I lost a sale because I was trying to be fair and here is a guy that is obviously shameless getting away with it.

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Returned item was not damaged

@plumbingspecials wrote:

...I fight every FALSE SNAD I receive, usually the leverage is in the messages the buyer sends to me. ...

(Lie to me? That will cost you a restocking fee and return shipping. Don't lie to me.)

Most buyers go radio silent when they open a fraudulent SNAD, just to avoid such problems (that's how you can tell the liers from the honest buyers). As I stated before, you can't collect (i.e. withhold from a refund) a restocking fee or return shipping on a SNAD case. Only if you can talk eBay into it and even then you run a risk of a defect. Then that's a whole nother issue.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

I refunded the exact amount he sent me through Paypal. A big lost of time packaging and driving to the PO.

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Check this out, the buyer just left positive feedback for me.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply