cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned Item seller has $400 Laptop and money

does anybody have the return policy in writing?

I bought a laptop for 400 and was not working properly, I sent back to seller, seller disputed that I altered computer and won case B/C I restored Laptop to factory condition to wipe out my personal information and that is concidered by Ebay Altering the item. I am out my 400 and the laptop.  I asked the sell to return the laptop and I would pay for shipping back to me.  I was told by ebay seller can keep both money and laptop. that doesnt seen right. I have that computer serial number register to me. I would think I paid for laptop and I still own device. 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Returned Item seller has $400 Laptop and money

Thank you all for the replies, I have read and reread all the post, I am greatful for the tips all of you have left for me, and I will re-think how I word my feed back, But I try to be very honest with my feed back,  for the ebay communities sake.

Believe it or not the 2 negitives that I have left for both sellers were for $7000.00 network testers which turned out to be fraudlent hackers, hacked someones account and posted fake items. If you go back and look ebay seller's profile, Ebay has removed their negitive mark from serrer's account b/c of the fraud. seems like ebay should also remove it from my profile as well.

Either way I didnt think I was a picky buyer and will reconcider the messages I leave when posting feed back, I had no Idea what soft negitive was or that soft feed back even existed.  I thought I was doing the seller a favor, I actually bought something and usps damaged in shipping, the seller asked me to solder it and the project went sour, when I pulgged device in there were sparks and smoke. The seller was cool so I just used item for parts. and left a good review!

But I recieved a message from paypal today. they let me know that paypay is reaching out to the seller and will let me know by 10 days.

thank for the input I will post back with results

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Thank you all for the replies, I have read and reread all the post, I am greatful for the tips that all of you have left for me, Taking a look back is always a good Idea and I will re-think how I word my feed back,  I always try to be very honest with my feed back,  for the ebay communities sake. 

Believe it or not the 2 negitives that I have left for both sellers were for $7000.00 network testers which turned out to be fraudlent hackers, hacked someones account and posted fake items. If you go back and look ebay seller's profile, Ebay has removed their negitive mark from serrer's account b/c of the fraud. seems like ebay should also remove it from my profile as well.

Either way I didnt think I was a picky buyer and will reconcider the messages I leave when posting feed back, I had no Idea what soft negitive was or that soft feed back even existed.  I thought I was doing the seller a favor, I actually bought something and usps damaged in shipping, the seller asked me to solder it and the project went sour, when I pulgged device in there were sparks and smoke. The seller was cool so I just used item for parts. and left a good review!

Going back to my problem where the seller has my laptop and money,

I recieved a message from paypal today. Paypal is reaching out to the seller and will let me know by 10 days.

thank for the input I will post back with results

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

To all the good people that responeded to this post. I would like to inform you that Paypal has closed the case and refunded the charges. I really feel like the good as prevaild over the bad. Thank you paypal and the ebay community for all the tips.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply