cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to sender?

Hi everyone, 

I ordered two sneakers from eBay which I was highly anticipating. Here’s the tracking information for one of them. Both tracking numbers say the exact same thing and were scanned as return to sender. When I spoke to USPS customer service they confirmed that my address was correct and could not provide an explanation as to why it was scanned that way. My local PO claims that they don’t have the package anymore ( I went the following day after it was scanned as RTS). It’s been 9 days with no updates. Is there anything else I can do but wait and hope it reaches the sellers? How long does RTS take? Both items with shipped via priority mail and one of the sellers even lives in my city. I don’t understand how it would take this long to get the package back to him being just an hour away. 

June 28, 2019
Redelivery Scheduled
BROOKLYN, NY 11205 
The customer has requested that the Postal Service redeliver this item on June 29, 2019 in BROOKLYN, NY 11205.

June 28, 2019, 2:34 pm
Return to Sender
BROOKLYN, NY 11205 

June 28, 2019, 10:50 am
Out for Delivery
BROOKLYN, NY 11205 

June 28, 2019, 10:40 am
Sorting Complete
BROOKLYN, NY 11205 

June 28, 2019, 6:55 am
Arrived at Post Office
BROOKLYN, NY 11206 

June 28, 2019, 6:05 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
BROOKLYN, NY 11206 

June 28, 2019, 4:58 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
BROOKLYN NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 28, 2019, 3:34 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
BROOKLYN NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 28, 2019, 2:33 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
METRO NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 27, 2019, 8:47 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
METRO NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER 

June 27, 2019, 7:32 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
BROOKLYN, NY 11222 

June 27, 2019, 1:57 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
BROOKLYN, NY 11222 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Return to sender?

Contact USPS to see if seller filed a Redirect request. If so, get a printout of such. The timing is too close to be a normal return to sender. 
What do seller's credentials look like? Looks suspicious.
Posting item numbers might help members here to figure out the issue. 

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the response, here are the item numbers.

173917747335 and 202653195429

Both sellers seem legit and my suspicion lies with the workers at my local post office. Both packages were marked as return to sender at the same time. USPS customer service has been no help and I barely have time to wait 45 mins to an hour to get them on the phone. I am hoping the packages weren’t stolen. On top of everything, my local post office has no contact number and they have been no help as well.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

11205.JPG
Google your closest USPS. To the right side it will pop up the phone number. Ask to speak to the Post Master and report what has happened and what you think as these came from two different shippers in two different places. 
File a claim on USPS online for missing packages. 
File a police report, then send it to the originating location. 
Contact both sellers and let them know that items were not delivered and show being returned. Contact the post office in the originating location. Contact ebay. 

Others have listed other avenues to pursue for mail fraud on other threads. I'll have to look for what they are.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hopefully some more experienced board members will chime in with guidance. 
@orangehound @a_c_green @mam98031  @fern*wood @nobody*s_perfect Any suggestions? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@day619 wrote:

Thank you for the response, here are the item numbers.

173917747335 and 202653195429

Both sellers seem legit and my suspicion lies with the workers at my local post office. Both packages were marked as return to sender at the same time. USPS customer service has been no help and I barely have time to wait 45 mins to an hour to get them on the phone. I am hoping the packages weren’t stolen. On top of everything, my local post office has no contact number and they have been no help as well.

95% chance your carrier for that day made a mistake.   The packages should arrive back at your sellers within 7-10 days, and  since this is a USPS mistake, your seller can get a counter person to issue a new postage label for no charge.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@charity_scents   Thank you for the tag.

The first place to start is ALWAYS with the seller.  Have you emailed your seller for assistance in figuring this out.  It does not appear that your sellers have a history of doing something like this intentionally.  So contact your seller, have them verify what address was on the shipping label and ask them to put a trace on the package.

Let us know what your seller says and we can go from there.  

Did you contact the PO on the 28th and ask for re-delivery?  Or was that something your seller did?  If not you, make sure you ask your seller.

Go to the USPS website and sign up for email updates to the tracking number.  That sometimes will shake loose some information within the next 24 to 48 hours.

But contact your sellers and see what they can or will do to help.  Then come back and tell us what is going on with the sellers.  If they aren't helpful, we will go from there after you have their responses.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 7
latest reply