cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return item with International Shipping?

I purchased a laptop cover and it was shipped from California and since it does not fit my laptop, I requested to return it.

Because it is about the size matter, I have to pay the shipping fee.

I found the return address is China!!! which means I have to pay the international shipping fee.

If the item is $20 and the returning cost is $50, then who wants to return it?

I think eBay must have a policy that if the seller shipped the item in domestic then the seller must receive the return in domestic! 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

They do, call ebay and let them know that the item was listed as being in California and the return location is China. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@qufl123 wrote:

I think eBay must have a policy that if the seller shipped the item in domestic then the seller must receive the return in domestic! 

You are correct, mostly.  The seller has two options:

1. They can provide you with a domestic (California or near equivalent) return address.
  2. They can provide you with shipping funds to your PayPal account to send it back to China (give them a quote for TRACKED shipping).

If they do neither, then escalate the claim to eBay with the explanation that the seller is not properly accommodating the return.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I did but eBay told me ”there’s nothing we can help.”

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I claimed it to eBay and the case was escalated however eBay made a decision like let seller and buyer figure out it and I don't want to care about it. 😡

Message 5 of 5
latest reply