cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved case and I am out $54.99

I was sent an empty box and because they had a tracking number for the empty box, They don't have to give me a refund. I am out $54.99 for nothing. How does the ebay guarantee work if they give a tracking money and no one refunds my money?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Resolved case and I am out $54.99

Did you open a not received case,?If so that is why you lost as seller has proof you received something  it just wasn't what you ordered which makes it a not as described case.

You can not reopen the case or start a new one on ebay but you may be covered by paypal buyer protection if you paid that way

This is a user to user board not eBay employees.
----------------------------------------------------------------
When people show you who they are, believe them
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

File a SNAD complaint with eBay and you will be given a full refund.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@misfitfun wrote:

Did you open a not received case,?If so that is why you lost as seller has proof you received something  it just wasn't what you ordered which makes it a not as described case.

You can not reopen the case or start a new one on ebay but you may be covered by paypal buyer protection if you paid that way

There's nothing stopping the buyer from filing a Not As Described case following an Item Not Received case (despite losing the INR case), and the OP should go ahead and do so.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

The same thing happened to me a couple months ago. I called eBay right away and told them what the situation was before the refund came out of my account automatically. They suggested I contact the "buyer/returner" and try to work things out first and if that doesn't work, file a police report. I did wind up contacting the buyer and at first they seemed confused. (I was supposed to get a helmet back which they left negative feedback for already, but instead got a small box filled with women's receipts for phone purchases from Verizon and AT&T. It freaked me out since there was a lot of personal info there.)

After a few back and forth messages, I did finally get the helmet back. 

It was a very weird situation but I think it worked out because I took the stance with him that we just got the wrong box. 

Stay positive and things tend to work out better.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply