cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent eBay Standard Envelope Issues - Returned for Postage

I've been using ESE for the last 2-3 months to send out trading cards.  I've packed the shipments the exact same way and haven't had any issues...until my most recent batch of cards which were all sent back "Returned for Postage".  We there any recent changes to ESE that I missed?

My packing method:

Penny sleeve, semi-rigid card holder, team bag, taped to a single piece of cardboard inside a 4x6 envelope.  I have a scale and weigh the items before mailing.  They are always under 3oz.

The only thing I can think of is the package being too thick.  Generally the cardboard I use is from an amazon box that I've cut to fit the envelope.  I have some thinner cardboard that I'll likely try to use and still need to run to USPS to see if they have any feedback.

Has anyone else had any issues lately - like since Aug 20th?  I'm shipping from Chicagoland if that matters.

Does anyone ship without cardboard in the envelope?  Do I even need to do that?

TIA

Mike

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Those standard envelopes are supposed to be flexible and not over 1/4 inch thick, so probably somebody along the way has decided to enforce this for your items.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

I see.  Do you have any packing suggestions?  I get nervous sending a card without the cardboard.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply