cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re shipping to europe

So it looks like I can’t ship anything to the UK and most of my items cannot be purchased in Germany (I sell vintage Mercedes parts).  There’s no rhyme or reason to the German listings.  I’ve had two similar parts listed, one of which I can ship to Germany, one I can’t. So I’m wondering if I ship outside eBay global shipping, how do you estimate what the cost would be?  How big a hassle is it dealing with customs info?  Any info would be appreciated.  

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@demichae 

It may indeed be a problem with customs.  Perhaps some rules were changed. You might want to check into it.  I have had issues in the past with items I could not ship due to customs restrictions.  It also appears that customs may be leaning on eBay to be more responsible, as we have things coming into this country that shouldn't be allowed.  Sorry for your situation.

Have a great weekend and stay warm!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Have you tried listing your parts on the German site?

If you do, you will have to use Flat Rate Shipping from an International Site, but your listings can be set up to show on dotCOM and dotUK as well.

They will of course be in euros, but the customer will see the price in the currency of the site they are looking at.

Customs is no big deal.

If you ship using a USPS label the label will include the customs information.

Be sure that weights and dimensions are correct.

And use the HS code appropriate.  These are more and more being used.

This is the Canada Post one which I find easiest to read. Since the codes are international that is not a problem.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/information/app/wtz/business/findHsCode?execution=e1s1

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Used parts cannot be sold from the US to outside the US on EIS; since all your listings show both Priority (you shipping direct) and EIS; the EIS takes over.

By the way, that 'Mercedes Phone' and anything like it that DOES NOT work needs to say that IN THE TITLE ie.

"BROKEN!!" 

otherwise you are probably looking at a 'not as described' return which will force you to pay return shipping as well as force a return whether you take them or not...

Why? Because 9 out 10 do NOT read descriptions! 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply