cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about customs form to Guam

I had an item sell to a buyer in Guam. I am a bit confused by the customs form that comes up with the shipping label on eBay. It is asking for a license number, certificate number, invoice number & has an AES/TIN/exemption field as well. The “Type of Items in Package” field is already filled in by EBay with “Merchandise”. Idk what to put in the other fields, and if I try to leave them blank, the print label button will not light up and a “! Enter required fields” in red text is in the customs area so I cannot print the label. Anyone know what certificate number, license number, etc. needs to go on this form? 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question about customs form to Guam

714ricki_0-1701961131764.png

Here is an example pulled from a Google search. There are tons of samples online on how to complete the form. Normally, the ebay system generates the completed form for you by providing a few basic responses....unless you're shipping something that requires some type of export license, then the only thing you need besides the basic information is the AES Exemption....its quite easy to figure out. I recommend you go to the USPS website & carefully read the how to fill instructions for the Customs form. Of course, everything depends on what you're trying to ship, the size, the value, & other. 

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Question about customs form to Guam

I have never had to fill in a license number, certificate number, invoice number, or AES/TIN exemption. (Well except the exception field is need if it is going to the EU)

When the message says Enter required field does it highlight a field or leave you to guess what is missing?

My first guess would be that "merchandise" is so non-specific that it gives no clue as to what is in the package. Try describing the product in more specific terms (Just don't get carried away). For example if it is the body camera then "Camera" will be sufficient.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply