cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puerto Rico

Over half the items that I send to Puerto Rico are returned apparently, according to my local post office, for no good reason!

Also, Ebay shipping does not seem to be available to Puerto Rico.

So, can I block sales to Puerto Rico?

If not, how can I use Ebay shipping for items going there?

Thanks All!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Puerto Rico

@hubbard69565 wrote:

Over half the items that I send to Puerto Rico are returned apparently, according to my local post office, for no good reason!

Also, Ebay shipping does not seem to be available to Puerto Rico.

So, can I block sales to Puerto Rico?

If not, how can I use Ebay shipping for items going there?

Thanks All!

Then how are you shipping the items?

Are you listing Puerto Rico as the STATE (In the same way you would list Minnesota as the STATE). Followed by the Puerto Rican ZIP code and then United States as the COUNTRY.

OR (what seems to be a common error) are you listing Puerto Rico as the COUNTRY?

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Puerto Rico

I don't think its an address thing but rather an envelope thing.

I will assume you are not using eBay shipping standard envelopes because those are rather for "metered mail" meaning envelope has to be flat in entire envelope and envelope bendable. Putting a coin(s) in the envelope will not work through the sorting machines.

I have been using USPS to Puerto Rico and nothing ever gets returned.

Something with a coin(s) in envelope is like a parcel package and has to be shipped that way.

I know its a pain to go to the post office but it better than something having something being returned.

So, not all post office locations are great or equal. Envelope might make out of your post office but when it connects with another post office it can get refused and returned to you.

For the address I used...its just PR(like a state) and then USA with zip. 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply