cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provided tracking number doesn't exist and the seller doesn't reply to my msgs

Hello all, one week ago I've made a purchase , the seller provided me with a tracking number so I felt calm about the order.  But a couple of days has passed and until now I can't check what's the status of the  shipping  because it seems the number doesn't exist. I've contacted the seller  about that problem and he sent me the tracking number that was already registered on eBay. After that I insisted to get help from him but after that I haven't got a reply from him (that was 5 days ago).

The tracking number is 727431637697711068 and the shipping service is UPS Worldwide Expedited . I'd like to know according to your experience what to do in this case and if the tracking number is fake according to UPS format.

As it's my first purchase of a used item, I don't know what would be the best way to face this kind of incident.

Thanks in advance for your help

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-04 a la(s) 14.54.29.png

Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-04 a la(s) 14.55.12.png

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Something's off there because CPC is Canada Post, not UPS. Shipping with Canada Post is often cost-prohibitive to include tracking so this could be a dummy tracking number. That doesn't mean the package isn't on its way to you, though. It could have shipped untracked.

You shouldn't worry about the tracking so much @camus_acuario_8_0, and instead pay attention to the estimated delivery date on the listing. If your package doesn't arrive within a week or two of that date, then file an item not received claim.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You'll need to wait for your estimated delivery date to pass before you can ask the seller for a refund.

On your Purchase History, follow the link "More Options" and "I didn't received it"
If the seller don't reply open a case on ebay and follow the steps to get a refund.

Make sure to stay within the ebay time frame so you can open your claim.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

As the poster mentioned that number is from Canada Post but it is not an international tracking number. Is the seller in Canada?

It's odd that they said the item was shipped by UPS but IF it was shipped by Canada Post, it was probably shipped with small packet air international which does not have tracking.  That number isn't a tracking number but for some unknown reason, ebay enters a number in the tracking field when a seller prints a CP small packet label through ebay. I've complained about it a few times because it suggests that the item has tracking and hasn't been shipped yet when it reality, that number has nothing to do with shipping.

In other words, if the item was shipped Canada Post and the seller is just confused about it being UPS, then that number really isn't a tracking number but the parcel is probably still on its way.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ask every eBay Seller of the item you are considering to either "Buy it now/Auction/Bid on" or add to your "Watch List" what courier/shipping service do they use and do they provide a "tracking number".  Yes, this draws out the process into a lengthy process BUT when you don't ask the Seller, in writing via eBay message, then you won't know if its a legit Seller OR a scammer.  Most eBay Sellers DO reply to that question.  However, when a Seller doesn't reply to you within your expected time limit (usually 48 hours as eBay is OPEN 24/7 including weekends & holiday) then most likely it's a scam.  Most Sellers WANT your business and won't mind answering your questions about an item, even if you ask multiple times when other questions arise during "same or like item comparisons" or were forgotten about in previous messages.  IF a Seller gets annoyed with your question(s) for an item (remember to be civilized about this process), then maybe that Seller shouldn't be your choice to buy from.  Move on to hopefully find a better quality of Seller.  As a Buyer, our money is valuable not only to us but also the Seller as it keeps them in business.  Sometimes it's just better to "take my business elsewhere" rather than wait for an answer.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I’m having the exact same issue, except mine actually says it’s being shipped by UPS. I tried putting my tracking number into the UPS tracking website and it says it doesn’t exist. Did you ever get your package? Something similar has happened to me before but the tracking number was never provided. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Same thing here. I got a tracking.. number that's not ups. However package was processed delivery was attempted . I live in a high crime area so it's gated. Normally with a ups tracking number I could go to my distribution center and physically get my package. But ups can't find me in the system even with my address

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply